Two steps forwards...

Figure's head was hung as it appeared to be daydreaming or reflecting, deep in thought either way.  At this point, Timothy was crawling on its shoulder to try and wake it up. Unfortunately, his efforts were wasted. 

Figure woke up, acting like it was deprived of oxygen; gagging and huffing at the air.

Comforting Figure, (Y/n) pat its back and held one of its hands in their own,"Are you alright? Please say you're alright."

Momentarily, it struggled to find its voice,"Y-Yeah, I'm doing fine."

Its hand was visibly shaking in (Y/n)'s, setting off alarm bells,"You're not lying, are you? I'll ask again, are you alright?"

There was a pregnant pause and the tension in the air thickened,"No."

"What did you see?" (Y/n) inquired, rubbing its back considerately from the comfort of the desktop,"Or hear?"

"Relive...I relived a moment." Figure admitted, straightening its back a little,"I felt the dead body brushing against my hand.."

As it spoke, it lifted its hand up and tilted its head at it.

"No, I didn't kill him. He'd killed himself when I entered the room, and I buried his body." Figure owned up, correcting the story,"I think the guilt comes from the thought of being able to prevent it."

Pitifully, (Y/n) slid off the side and hugged at its waist. Having turned their backs on it previously, they were regretful. There wasn't much to say and all they mustered was nothing but a misdirected apology,"I'm sorry."

Seek watched, feeling a tinge of envy biting at it. Unsurprisingly, it had gotten quite fond of (Y/n) and ended up letting down the barricades. It stayed silent, not wishing to cause conflict so close to the end.

Timothy, being a small, fragile, bean-sized wonder, crawled down Figure's arm and into a drawer.

"I don't mean to sound rude or ruin this beautiful moment, but who is this?" Seek butted in, guiding everyone's attention over to Halt, who'd been ignored.

Rush was the one to introduce the never-seen-before entity,"This is Halt. Halt, this is Seek, (Y/n), Timothy and Figure."

"Nice to meet you.." Halt forced out, appearing anxious at the attention,"Shouldn't we be focusing on keeping the hotel?"

"Ah, you've got a point." Seek mused, patting the entity where its back and wrapping an arm around where its shoulders would be,"Let's think about the more important things."

Poking out of the drawer to state on final thing, Timothy said,"Isn't an entity a massive thing? Especially when you've lived here for ages and never known?"

"Was the owner hiding something? Like, a shame or a hidden backstory which you'd hate him for?" (Y/n) pondered aloud,"Or has Halt lived here and you've not ventured enough?"

Seemingly taking offense as the words, Rush retorted,"I go into every single room in the hotel at least 3 times a day."

---------------------

They didn't know how long they'd been in the hotel for, but the first dusk of November was beginning.

(Y/n), suddenly noticing the apricot shades in the bashful sky, quickly headed to the exit.

"Would you like some company?" Seek proposed, holding out a hand.

Taking its hand, (Y/n) chuckled as the two descended in the elevator.

The second the elevator doors opened, (Y/n) hurried out, hauling Seek behind them. Out the front doors the duo went, to be met with a gorgeous sight.

Above them was the colourful sky, painted shades of banana and magenta. Paired with the wisps of cotton candy clouds that were generously scattered across it, it was breathtaking.

Seek stared directly upwards, seemingly losing itself at the sight of a sunset.

Clutching its hands, (Y/n) dragged it forwards, towards the bridge,"C'mon dork, I can show you a better angle of the sunset."

Crossing the bridge, (Y/n) navigated the way towards the highest peak of the village. Upwards, through thick woodlands, until they found a clearing which gave them the perfect view Seek was looking for.

Sitting together, their legs dangled off the edge.

There, the horizon was perfectly visible; a thin line separated the sky from the land, a very thin line. As the sun sank slowly, stars emerged from the beyond, sparkling in a sea of navy blue.

The stars weren't the only things that sparkled; (Y/n) saw how Seek's eye glistened at the sight it was taking in.

"It's..it's.." Seek stammered, at a loss for words.

Compromising, it threw itself onto (Y/n), tightly hugging them and rubbing its head against their shoulder. Seek's happiness brought (Y/n) a warmth, a feeling of contentment. Slinging an arm over its back, they pulled it closer and let it enjoy the moment.

"I don't have the words to express how much I like this." Seek stated, it's words muffled by its rough contact,"Thank you."

Petting its head, (Y/n) allowed it to continue until it withdrew. Not saying anything, (Y/n) giggled, smiling broadly at it.

"(Y/n), can I tell you something?" Seek questioned, pulling its face from their shoulder. After a nod of confirmation, it continued,"I couldn't be anymore grateful than I am. Because of you, everything is getting better. You're such a wonderful person, and I'm glad we gave you a chance."

Truthfully, (Y/n) was relieved at the last part, but knew it was true. If (Y/n) never stepped in, nothing would've changed; the entities would live on as rumours on the internet and never been given the aid they needed.

"I just don't know how we can get the hotel. It was put on the market at a large price of a hundred and twenty three million. How are we supposed to afford that? I don't wanna crush dreams but we may have to find another way." (Y/n) groaned, finally ranting about everything.

Seek's lost expression tugged at (Y/n)'s heart, breaking it entirely,"What do you mean?"

Pushing the thought aside, (Y/n) grinned and got up,"I was saying my mum will kill us if I don't get home."