Lost and Found

Tucking Figure in, (Y/n) couldn't help but feel guilty; if Figure hadn't wandered off because of what Seek said, it wouldn't have been so injured.

"Does anyone know where an ice pack is? We really need one for this bruise." (Y/n) called out to the others, who lingered in the main room.

Rush piped up,"I could get one."

Puzzled, (Y/n) said,"I thought you didn't have hands and couldn't carry anything."

"The first part is true, however I can carry things. It's..complicated, but I guess you could say it's like how ghosts hold things." Rush explained, turning to exit the room.

Facing Figure, (Y/n) brushed their hand over the right side of its face,"I'm so sorry we left you there, alone. You can stay with us."

Figure didn't say anything but growled softly instead.

Returning in a bigger haste than usual, Rush slammed the door behind it,"Here's your medkit, there should be an ice pack in it."

"Thanks Rush, but why were you in such a hurry to get back?" (Y/n) thanked, gracious but curious.

Rush made no efforts to speak, and returned to the chest of drawers where Timothy was.

A knock on the door later proved what Rush was running from: Ambush. Even if it desired to get inside, it had the decency of knocking,"Can I come in?"

"No, you can't!" Rush hissed back, sinking towards the ground,"You can leave now!"

"Alright then, but is (Y/n) okay? I thought they'd have left by now." Ambush reasoned, knocks stopping.

"They're completely fine, it's Figure who's not." Rush spat back, in a haste to make Ambush leave.

Pushing the door open, and further agitating Rush, Ambush entered. Noticing the lock on the other door, it assumed there was something going on.

Levitating along the wooden boards, Ambush entered the bedroom and, true to Rush's word, there was an injured Figure laid in the bed. (Y/n) was by its side, moving the ice pack around on its chest.

"What caused that?" Ambush asked, focused on the bruise on Figure's chest,"What monster would do such a thing?"

Lifting their head up, (Y/n) joined the conversation,"It was the police officer. Two of them busted into the hotel and I guess one of them died somehow. I'd ask Figure but it's not very talkative."

"She was crushed by a bookcase because her partner threw her at it." Figure chimed in, suddenly vocal,"It was..it was quite graphic, I'd assume."

"He's probably heading this way. How did you get the bruise?" Ambush absentmindedly muttered the first half.

Figure took the ice pack in it's hand and rested it on its chest,"He electrocuted my leg, and then stomped on my chest. Then, he put his arm around my neck and tried to suffocate me. I clawed him in the chest to force him to get off of me."

(Y/n)'s eyes thinned in a growing hatred for the officer,"That monster! How dare he!"

"He's looking for you, (Y/n). He wants you to go with him." Figure informed, resting a hand on their shoulder as they stood at its bedside.

(Y/n) huffed,"Well, I'm not going until I've sorted this place out. I can't leave this place yet."

There was a loud thud on the door, and (Y/n) froze.

"Police! Open this door or I will open it with force. I know you're in there." A shout erupted from behind the doorframe.

"There's nobody here but us entities." Seek shouted back, refusing to open the door for the safety of (Y/n),"And you are of no interest to us."

The human crawled under the bed, where Hide calmed them down. Ambush and Seek stood by the door in case he got in, while Rush stayed by Figure to ensure nothing happened to it.

"Fine, this is on you." He snarled, kicking the door down.

Seek and Ambush backed up, watching the motions of the man. He withdrew a gun and pointed it between them,"If you don't tell me where that damn child is I will blow this place apart. So, tell them where the fucking child is, damn it!"

Seek and Ambush exchanged a look of uncertainty. Neither wanted to give up, but neither wanted (Y/n) to be put in harm's way.

Stepping through what was left of the doorway, the officer aimed his gun at Ambush, moving it onto Seek a second later.

"They're in room 85, alive. We refused to harm them and instead treated them like a customer in the hotel. I assure you, they're safe here and they'll refuse to leave." Seek told him.

Heartlessly, he shot at the inky cyclops, only to find the bullet left no wound. Under his breath, he muttered his curses.

"Why should we trust a monster like you with (Y/n)?" Ambush hissed, "Especially if you're willing to shoot everything."

"Because I'm the law, so you should obey me. I'm only shooting because you might try to kill me first." He shot back.

Letting the officer through the room, they eyed him down. He noticed the bedroom and went inside it, to find Rush and Figure.

"Oh boohoo, you got treaded on. Do you really think it's a big deal?" He sarcastically remarked, prodding a finger on Figure's bruised chest, causing it to groan in pain.

Rush jetted forwards,"I'll show you a big deal if you're not careful."

Shoving Rush, or trying to at least, the officer backed up. Seeing something under the bed, the officer got on his hands and knees and dragged (Y/n) out.

Their appearance didn't help their story, since they were covered in mud and a little bit of dry blood.

"You fucking monsters, I knew you were lying to me!" He yelled, pulling them to their feet and putting an arm in front of them to protect them from the entities.

Helplessly, (Y/n) was dragged through the hotel as the cop spoke on his radio, spouting cop codes.

"Get off of me!" (Y/n) screamed, wrestling the officer.

He was stronger than them and kept a firm grip on their wrist,"I just won a bet, so no."

Almost in tears, (Y/n) frowned, taking a last glance at the hotel behind them as they passed through.