The note

"Dear my E̶m̶p̶l̶o̶y̶e̶e̶s̶  friends,

It is with great misery that I am writing to inform you of something I wish I could put off from telling you. Yet, it would do you no good for me to leave without a say.

From an anonymous source, I have discovered my life is in a position of danger. A man wishes to take my life because of what it is I stand for; I firmly believe you entities to have as many rights as the guests which enter my establishment. Yet, this man, or monster as I should put, is convinced the contrary. According to this anonymous source, an assassin is hunting me down to end my life, as well as all of yours.

Putting your lives in a position of danger is the last thing I wish to do, and so I've written to tell you that it's over; I will deal with this matter as I wish. For the meantime, until I am certain it is safe here, I'm temporarily living away from the hotel. Know that this is for my own protection, as well as all of yours. I recommend you stay within the hotel while this storm passes and, once it has, I'll return to you. I wish I had the time to tell you in words, in person, but my safety is at risk.

If anyone enters the hotel, deal with them accordingly, and if they threaten you, do not hesitate to fight back, as they are not a guest, but an intruder.

Some day, I'll see you again. But until that day, I can only hope for the best for you all. Know how much I appreciate you, each and every one of you, and I miss you. If I am wrong, and I do not return to you, know it was never your fault, and know how much I appreciate you, not just as co-workers but as friends. Thank you for everything,

___________ xxx"

Lowering the note, Seek's hand trembled. If it were able to breathe, it's breaths would be destabilising; it's lungs collapsing under the pressure placed on its shoulders. Tearing up, Seek make the effort of hiding it's sorrow. It was reminded of why life took a turn for the worst.

(Y/n)'s dreary eyes threatened to close, but they were very inquisitive about the situation,"Who is this from?"

A tear welled up in its eye, and it sounded like it had a lump in its throat,"The owner of the hotel."

"He..he was hunted?" The human inquired,"Because he supported the idea of having non-humans working in the hotel? And having rights?"

Subtly nodding, Seek tried to hide the expression on their face, covering it with its hands.

It looks so heartbroken, the poor thing.

"Seek, put me down for a second." (Y/n) requested, feeling the shuddering of the entity's body.

Gently, so gently, it set them down and they landed on their two feet, unstably.

Pulling the entity in close, it whispered to it,"I'm so sorry, Seek. I'm so sorry. I understand why you entities don't trust us humans, especially if this is what business has gone on in the hotel."

Solemnly stood, Figure hung it's head.

"Come here, Figure." (Y/n) told it, holding an arm out and inviting it I to the embrace.

(Y/n) held the entities close for a minute, softly cuddling them, before letting go.

This hotel must mean so much to them, so I'll try and see how I can help.

But, what about all the people who entered, nothing known about the owner or the assassination, who were killed in cold blood: their death celebrated because the entities thought it was the assassin? Lots of people have come in before me, and I can guess they're long dead by now.

(Y/n)'s breath hitched in their throat, and they withdrew from the two. Seek picked them up again, running it's fingers through their hair affectionately,"We lost him and we're not losing you too."

(Y/n) wrapped their arms around it's neck and nuzzled the side of it's face.

Rush swerved around in the dark, heading through the hotel at a speed rivalling Ambush's. The words they'd said stuck to him like the blood of a player.

Rush's cloudy body swirled about as it halted for a minute. It rushed on past, through the office the three were in, not caring enough to see what they were doing.

Heading through into room 58, he continued on to find Halt.

When Rush discovered the familiar door 89. Once opened, it revealed a lengthy hallway, spanning over two rooms.

An entity, Halt, floated back and forth between the doors, it's translucent body emitting a calming cyan light; it swirled in circles, dancing. Halt's eyes were a whitish blue, shaped as diamonds. A distinctive noise was made as it approached Rush.

"H-Hey Rush." Halt called, eyes glinting in the limited light,"Have you come for something?"

The thick tension set in the halls was so strong he could taste it. Rush couldn't conjure a response, and instead made a mumbling sound.

Halt appeared offended, giving a sort of agitated glare to its visitor.

Rush hovered closer, his smoke trailing,"There's a human in the hotel; the others are looking after it and they'll pass through your room soon. I guess you needed to know."

Halt's eyes were trained away from the floor and directly at Rush,"T-Thanks..?"

Smirking, Rush nodded before leaving Halt to its own devices, making no sort of farewell gesture. Halt hastily bade Rush goodbye, being polite.

Halt's wasn't an entity for interaction, preferring to remain quiet than talk to the humans that filtered in and out of the hotel, but it tried to be as polite as possible, in the hopes they would leave faster. Among the entities, Halt had less respect.

Continuing on its monotonous pacing, it's trailed back up the hall before turning on its heels and going down it, looped.

"I wonder what this human will be like.." Halt mused, holding no expectations.