Chapter 40 Who Else?

I wipe my tears and give him the Letter. I'm sick of arguing all the time. He read the letter and looked at me with confusion.

"Do you have any Ex?"He asked confused.

"What? No.." i replied with obvious confusion too.

"The person who came in your room wasn’t Aiden" his voice was cold and harsh. Harsh as the truth.

"What do you mean?"

"Aiden Doesn't call you One. He calls you Lust, Amoré, nighty..  I Don't want to say other but in this-"

"How do you know he calls me all these?"

"Uh, we received much emails like that which he sent us indicating you to warn us or something. The person who came to you wasn’t him. I analyzed it"

"Oh"

"Try remember who calls you Dear one"

" it might be just a Letter. He might've sent to the wrong person. Or casually called me Dear one anyone does it. Or could be a prank"

He sighs and looks at me again. "It's not easy" he laughs and went to his laptop again. Mostly he laughed. It's been a very long time since I saw him laughing.

"Want to see what he wrote in those letters about you?" he asked and looked at me. I hesitately nod. "But You're not allowed to "

This asshole..

"But check this footage carefully do you perhaps know him?"

He moved so I sat beside him. He shows me the footage again.

"I Don't get it" he mumbles.

I kept staring at the man who Brought flowers. He gave it me then left right away. Now I think i Didn't even ask him anything.

Nothing can be seen as he dressed really hideously. At one angle that man's eyes are seen. Before I could ask him to pause, he does it himself.

He is fast.

"Do you see it?" he asks. His voice was deep and cold yet curious.

"I do" I kept looking at that man's eyes. " I feel like I've seen him somewhere"

"Of course you did in the hospital"

"No, I Didn't even look at him properly"

"His letter did sound like Aiden but my gut is telling me It's not him" he said.

I Don't give a fuck what your gut thinks..

"I think I know him or I have seen him a very long time ago." I kept thinking.. His eyes are familiar. "Can you zoom it" I ask.

He zoomed it. In the corner of his eyes there is something yellow which I would say it must be his hair. "Is Aiden Blonde?" I asked. He laughed and replied, "No he is not"

I glance at him. It has been a while since I saw him laughing or smiling. "What's so funny?" I asked showing my irritated face even Though I liked his smile.

" You really Don't remember him? "He asked. I look at him. " he has Brown hair, brown eyes " he said.

"But you Don't know if he dyes his hair or wears a wig"

"What if he Doesn't? He is obsessed with his looks"

His dark blue eyes as they kept staring with every word he said I Didn't hear properly. At some moment I Didn't even hear a single word as my focus was on him. Only him.

I notice his eyes moving to my lips. They kept staring for a good moment until they looked away. He lokkdd at his screen again. He Didn't want to do that. He Didn't want me to become his weakness.

"On Sunday night, at around 9 pm, Aiden will visit his father's grave."

How he always splits himself from Aiden. His mother, his father.. Not Our.

That's how much you hate him?

"That is the day When He'll die in my bare hands"

Hearing that I laughed. He rolled his eyes and turned off his laptop. "Now what?" he sounded irritated.

"Nothing" I said with a laugh. I can't help but find it funny how he is acting like a child. I pat his head while shuffling his soft brown hair. I said, "It's okay But Don't bury him beside your father, he Doesn't deserve to be there"..

He held my wrist that made me stop. I look at him and saw him already staring at me.

Did I offence him? How did I get comfortable around him that suddenly? I haven’t laughed or smiled in a while..

My smile faded away. I jerk my hand away. My wrist hurt a little. That's when I realised I was patting him by my left hand. He held it warmly but it was me who hurt myself. I looked at my hand and sighed. " Are you okay?" I heard his concerned voice. I saw my hand slowly turning red sensing that it has started bleeding already.

I looked away and hide my hand. But I Didn't respond to his question. He got up and went to the kitchen.

In a moment he came back with a medical box. He opened it. "Give me your hand" He said.

"I'm fine"

He Didn't say anything.he held my left arm closer to him. He slowly removed the bandage of my wrist and started dressing it.

When will you change Ethan? Caring about my wounds?

"He Doesn't know that we know about that. That is the day when father died because of him. I need to have some desperate conversation with him" he said.

I Don't know why is he saying this to me. But i Don't mind.

"He managed to escape these years. I Don't think he Doesn't know. He knows You'll be there that's why he is letting his guard down for a bit" I replied staring at my wrist.

He laughed a bit and said," is that so? I'd love to hear what has to say"

His wasn’t afraid of him.

"I saw him burning the house myself. I saw him desperately trying to kill you. You have no idea how desperate he was to have money"

So it wasn’t for me? He wanted to kill me to get money. But now that I'm alive he wants to use me for a bit.. I Somehow feel better that I'm nit the reason why he killed him but still I was involved.

"Then go on. Kill him, torture him whatever you want. But it will never be enough. He deserves worse" I said.

Because of him, every happy things turned into a depressed one.