Chapter 50 What Happened To You?

_Nina_

I opened my eyes after blinking a few times. It felt horrible. I kept feeling something painful on my leg. I looked at left then Right. It must be the second time I was in hospital. At this point I hated to the core. Why must I be in a hospital all the time. I tried to move but I felt pain again so I stopped. I painfully sat down and rubbed my forehead. "It feels exhausted" I said. I heard a small chuckled noise so I looked up.

"Good Morning" He said.

"Is it a dream?" I asked. Having given another chance for life, laying on the bed while Ethan is smiling in front of me.

"Fortunately not this time" He replied..

I bit my lower lip and looked at my lap. Not this time...

Finally?

I looked outside the window on my left and asked, "How long has it been since I'm here? In this stupid hospital again?"

"Umm a few days, pretty long time.. But now that you are awake, should I call Your mother?" he asked. Most importantly his voice Didn't sound cold. He sounded casual as if he was the high school Ethan. There ould always be a wall in his words and distance. But it Didn't feel like it now.

"No please, I'm exhausted" I said and layed on the bed again. He nodded his head.

But his eyes were burning me. He was staring hard, really hard. I felt as if I was infiltrated in front of him right now. As if he was reading me like an open book. I shut my eyes closed. But I could still feel his gaze on me.

"What?" I said being irritated.

"What?" He asked as if he Didn't know anything.

"Why are staring at me like that?" I said and sat up on the bed again.

"Staring like what?" He asked.

He Didn't say he was not staring. He wanted to know what his staring reminded me of.

"Like You know. It's fucking uncomfortable" I said.

"I Don't know how is it uncomfortable now. It wasn’t before."

"Because-" I stop with the word. I ran my hands on the air and said, "the before and present is different"

"How so?"

"I Don't know" I said and looked away.

He Doesn't know how? Like what the fuck. My life was like hell these years. He treated me like I was a piece of dirt that he can't throw out.

"So you feel different around me? But you Won't say how you feel" He said. He literally gasped with the words. His words almost went unheard by me.

He came and sat in front of me. It caught me off gaurd. He touched my right cheek with the back of his hand and said,"so how can I make you feel like that again?"

I Didn't expect that.my eyes were half widened. I was stunned to speak and my heart was beating as if it would come out of my throat any second.

He Didn't break the eye contact.

We kept staring at each other. He was waiting for me to say something when I was waiting for him to do something. Either look away or get up or do something but Don't keep staring at me like that.

We heard a familiar voice and he pulled away. He stood beside the bed.

"Oh You're awake dear? How does it feel?" I heard mom's voice.

The doctor came to me and asked, "how are you feeling?"

Feel? I can't feel anything. I Don't know how to feel

"Good" I lied. The Doctor nodded then checkdd my pulse and all other things. "Your heart is beating faster. Don't have to panic. Everything is Alright. Your mother is here. Just close your eyes and relax." The doctor said. I glanced at Ethan only to find him Smirking. That smirk I haven’t seen in a while. I looked away.

I'm not panicking because of that. My heart is beating faster for something else.

___________

I lay on the bed. I have been staring at the ceiling for a while. My mind is somewhere else in the hospital. It's been more than a week and I've been avoiding Ethan. I heard Aiden got arrested and in under control. Same about Dylan.

So this is the end?

I wanted to move out so I kept searching for apartments. I Don't want to live with mom anymore. My door bell rang out of the blue. I jumped on the bed. That is what I have been scared of the whole time. I check who it was and unsurprisingly it was Ethan and mom.

Why the fuck he came ugh..

I opened the door and smiled at mom fully ignoring him.

Mom went to the bedroom. She said she would be sleeping at my place tonight. But I still have no fricking clue why Ethan came. I went to the kitchen when mom and Ethan was busy discussing about I Don't Care.

I pour water into a glass. Just as I was about to grab the glass my hands shaked. My heart wasn’t eevn beating it was jumping back amd forth.

"Ethan...." I gasped. His hands were wraping around my waist while he rested his head on my shoulder. "What the fuck are you doing?" I said. He Didn't say anything. He stood there like that for a while.

"Do you know how scared I was?" He said. His voice sent buzz shiver on my skin. I was Frozen.

"Why?"

"How's your leg?" He asked.

"Why do you care?"

He turned me around and pinned me between his arms. He was close, really close that i couldn’t breath properly. "When I Didn't care?" He said.

"Why are you acting like this? You weren’t like that before. It's making me really uncomfortable. You kept ghosting me and now you really care about me." I said. He chuckled and replied," you want me to not care and keep ghosting you?"

"Yes please"

I pushed him away and started walking away. Rip the drink which poured I'm not drinking anymore.