𝚁𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕 𝙱𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗

The air was pleasantly warm and the sun was just rising. This meant that the sky was a light blue, fading into a mellow orangey-yellow. The atmosphere felt home-like and all in all it was a nice summer morning.

(Y/N) leaned on the railing on the balcony, holding her head up with her hands. Sighing, you thought of the events that had recently occurred. It made you feel warm inside, but the stinging sensation was still prominent.

As you watched the sun rise up slowly, as it did everyday, you couldn't help but wonder. What if it had went differently? Would you be in a better position? Was this your own fault, the consequences of your own actions? You'd never know.

But even if your memories were pleasant overall, you had never been able to stop the feeling that was slowly but surely eating away at you. Growing stronger every day, it was starting to get harder to ignore. But who would you be able to confide in?

Rapunzel? She was your sister and you loved her dearly, but she was naive. She was the most optimistic person and you didn't think she'd be able to relate to your feelings.

Cassandra? No, she had her own problems to deal with, no need to add more to the pile. You'd only be a burden. And your parents were out of question.

It was hopeless. If only Varian liked you instead. Would he have liked you like that if you had acted differently? Or would this have been your fate either way? Why did you have to like Varian anyway?

Burying your head in your arms, you sucked in a breath. If you didn't like Varian, maybe you wouldn't feel like this. Maybe, you could have just been friends happily. And you could feel happy for him. Wouldn't that be easier? What did Cassandra have that you didn't?

Well, that had obvious answers. She was beautiful. Dark hair, pale skin, dark, pink lips. She looked exactly like the Snow White you had imagined as a kid. To top it all off, she was kind, strong, witty, playful. She wasn't afraid to fight for what she wanted. She could achieve anything. What did you have to offer?

Noticing that you had stood there for too long, you headed back inside. Anyone would be happy to have a day off, but your studies had distracted you. Now you were alone with your thoughts, and you had no intention of confronting them. Thus, you got dressed and left your room.

Opening the door, you almost ran into Rapunzel.

"(Y/N)! I was just looking for you! Mom and Dad asked for you."

That's odd.

"Did they tell you why?"

"Oh, no. Sounded important though. Well, talk to you later!"

The two of you waved eachother goodbye and you went to meet up with your parents. You were very nervous. Your parent were sitting in their respective seats, already having awaited you.

"(Y/N), as you might've heard, there seems to be an issue in Old Corona. We don't want to alarm anybody, so we'd like to keep this under wraps. We want you to investigate the matter as well, after all, we require all the help we can possibly get."

"I understand."

Ah. Of course it was business again. When had they last called you to talk about anything else? It was getting repetitive. Still, you cared about your kingdom.
.
.
.
You approached Old Corona to check out some black rocks that supposedly had appeared there. According to what Varian told you anyway. You didn't even ask the guy about anything, he just told you, which was practical. It didn't take you long to find them and as you came closer they started emitting a bright white light. Greatly confused, you still decided to go ahead and touch the rock.