𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝙰 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝙸

"Oh you can't be serious!"

You were standing in the throne room, in front of your parents. Your older sister was standing beside you, putting a hand on your shoulder in comfort.

"I have been trained all my life to be queen and, no offense, Rapunzel hasn't been taught a thing!"

Your parents were going away for two days, leaving the kingdom in your sisters hands. Okay, Rapunzel might be great, but all those years you'd been preparing to become queen and while you weren't particularly sad about losing that position, it sure sucked that someone with little knowledge gets everything handed to her.

"Mom, Dad, I don't think I can do this-"

"Yes you can Rapunzel. You are the future queen of Corona and the experience will be helpful to you. As for (Y/N), you can be her advisor. Guide her and help her make the right decisions for the sake of Corona. We're counting on both of you."

You responded, still aggravated but this was the most they would give you. You knew that.

"Alright."

Advisor didn't sound too bad. You could live with that. You just hoped you'd actually be listened to, but Rapunzel would hear you out.

Right? Right.

You had been counting down the days, and the morning before your sister would temporarily be queen, you were supposed to help Rapunzel, who was watching her parents make decisions for the welfare of Corona. She was in awe, as her parents effortlessly made the right decisions without having to think too much about it.

"...However, it occurs to me that the royal guard is in need of new boots. Do you think you might be of service, sir?"

"Might- might I? Why of course, Your Majesty!"

You yawned. You hadn't gotten the best rest and it didn't help how boring this was to you. After all, you had accompanied your parents to their daily duties since you were quite young. Rapunzel tapped your father on the shoulder, being slightly confused.

In a low voice, she inquired "Do the guards really need new boots?"

"Uh, of course not."

You said, chuckling in disbelief and answering in place of your dad. You were still a bit salty, so you acted out of pettiness, knowing the interruption would annoy your dad.

"...Yes, like (Y/N) said,"

Your father responded, irritated, throwing a sharp glare in your direction. He did not like being interrupted.

"...the livelihood of our local businesses is simply worth the extra cost."

"Wow! I have learned so much from shadowing you the last few days!"

Wha- last few days? Why hadn't you asked to join? After pondering a bit, you been came to the conclusion that it was most likely because you were further ahead in your studies, and your presence wasn't required. Still, you would've liked to have spent time with your family.

"Good! Because you must be prepared for any contingency while we're gone."

Oh, your father and his business talk.

"Uh, Frederic, we're going to be away for two days. We deserve a little break. I think she can manage."

You mother chimed in. You fully agreed. Why make it such a big deal? It's only two days! And you had to admit, Rapunzel was a fast learner. She would do just fine. Plus, you could always help her out if she needs it.

"Oh I know she can. After witnessing the supreme judgement she exercised while defending Attila, there's no doubt in my mind. We've also assigned (Y/N) to act as an advisor, so I believe there won't be an issue."