𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙾𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚜 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎

𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝~

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚎'𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚗~

𝚂𝚊𝚏𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝. 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎...

𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜

Mine.

------------------------------------------------

After Varian's visit, you had acted like a shell of your former self.

Walking around like a shadow of your old self, not speaking to anyone, always in a hurry.

You didn't go outside as much and you kept thinking and thinking.

At first you didn't think his words affected you much. But why did everyone make him the villain right away? Out of fear? But there had been no reason to fear the boy.

You racked your brain but couldn't find any reasons you deemed valid.

Days went by in a blur and you couldn't even focus on the sleepover you had planned along with your friends.

Each of them tried to comfort you.

Cassandra said that you shouldn't worry for the alchemist. That he had chosen a dark path and that you were too soft on him.

Eugene told you that Varian had a soft spot for you and if anyone were to help him and guide him onto the right path again, it would be you.

Rapunzel reassured you as well, telling you that he'd probably come around soon and that he'd see the error in his actions. He was just going through a lot at that moment.

Still, your brain told you something different. Varian was extremely smart and you knew he had something planned. Maybe he wouldn't hurt you directly, but he definitely wouldn't hesitate to hurt your family. And you knew he wouldn't feel remorse, at least not right away.

He would definitely regret things after. But if he was caught up in the heat of the moment you feared that he would go too far.

You stood on your balcony every day for hours on end, waiting for him to return.

Maybe, you'd be able to knock some sense into him.

Maybe, he'd finally see that he had the wrong approach.

Revenge wouldn't make him feel better. He thought so right now, yes, but the triumph would be fleeting.

His heart was in the right place. He was just a wounded kid, so he lashed out.

Feelings of anger and betrayal blinded him.

But with every night you waited for him, your hope dimmed.

He hadn't showed up and you were slowly losing faith.

Still, you couldn't let yourself give up on him.

You had no clue where he could be hiding, so you waited and waited and waited.

Until he'd finally return.

On the 26th night, yes, you had counted, you almost dozed off when someone poked your cheek.

Your eyes snapped open and you scanned the balcony, when a pair of hands covered your eyes.