𝙹𝚊𝚒𝚕-𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝

The ground felt harsh beneath your fingertips while you tapped against it gently.

Water dripped down from the ceiling, forming a small puddle on the floor.

Tap, tap, tap.

The droplets of water hit the ground, creating a painfully slow, calm rhythm.

It frustrated you greatly.

The peaceful sound of water dripping down made for a stark contrast in comparison to the current situation you found yourself in.

Not only had everyone you loved and cherished abandoned you in your time of need, but they had put you in a dirty, cold, dark cell.

Apparently the handcuffs that had been put on you suppressed your magic too.

You guessed that it must've been one of the artifacts your mother had collected throughout her life.

So it had probably been rotting in the royal vault.

At least it wasn't harmful, but you saw no way to escape now.

No guards were around, but you couldn't even reach the lock to pick it, a skill you had picked up when you were a bit younger.

It was no use.

So instead of trying to make any attempts at escaping, you chose to distract yourself with your thoughts.

Had you been in their shoes, would you have reacted the same way? Out of fear of the unknown?

Would you have put someone you loved in jail?

Well, you knew the answer was no.

No, you wouldn't have reacted that way.

Had you been in their shoes, you would've stood up for yourself.

After all, you were literally scared of yourself.

There is literally nothing good about locking a person, who's already scared of themselves, up.

They should know that you wouldn't want to hurt them.

That you just had to learn how to control your gifts.

But instead they chose to shut you out.

You couldn't help but feel resentment.

One thing you were very sure of.

No matter how good you could've been, how perfect, how devoted to helping your kingdom,

it would have never been enough. Isn't that right?

They would've always betrayed you.

You were hurt. You really were.

But what they most likely didn't expect was that their actions planted an inkling of hate inside of you.

And the more you thought about it, the more you grew to genuinely despise the people who you once cared for.

It didn't help that deep down, some part of you always felt like the outcast in your family. The black sheep.

And you hadn't even done anything to them. Ever.

All you did was devote yourself to your studies to become queen one day. To finally get your parents approval.

And everything was in vain when your older sister miraculously returned to you, taking every drop of attention you had yearned for all those years.

You hadn't gotten a lot of attention as a child. After all, they had been to busy reigning and looking for your sister to give you even an ounce of attention.