𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝙰 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝙸𝙸𝙸

The storm didn't get any better. You shivered as you moved closer to the fireplace you were seated in front of, hugging yourself to stay warm. Your fingertips felt like they were frozen, even with your usual gloves covering them.

The people of Corona had gathered in the castle and were given hot tea and blankets, but still, everyone was freezing. Coughs were heard throughout the room you had gathered in and it didn't help that you and your sister had no idea where your parents were. You were worried sick about them.

"(Y/N)?"

Rapunzel approached you, speaking calmly.

"Yes?"

"I need to go look for mom and dad."

"Go look for them? Rapunzel, you're queen at the moment! Corona needs you! Especially now, with the current situation."

You exclaimed loudly, flabbergasted at her idea. You gestured to all the people in the room who huddled up with their families for warmth.

"I need you!"

Nigel moved closer to the two of you.

"(Y/N) is quite right. And as much as it pains me to say, their chances in elements such as these are..."

He trailed off, not wanting to finish that thought. Not daring to say it out loud.

"...Well, let's hope your parents found shelter before the worst of the storm hit."

You simply sighed.

"Nigel, I think the worst of the storm has yet to come."

Rapunzel was outraged. Right then, every optimism she'd usually had drained from her body. She felt desperate and helpless.

"Nigel, (Y/N), we can't just let them freeze!"

Nigel gave her a pitiful look.

"My dear, going out in that weather now is a virtual death sentence. You cannot go!"

"But someone else could!", you added.

"Who would that be?", Rapunzel responded, feeling hopeless at your current predicament.

"We can."

Eugene, along with Lance, who you had actually gotten to know when you had met him in the town square briefly, Vladimir, Hook Foot, Big Nose Maximus and Attila stood there, looking very determined. You had always thought that Eugene was the right man for Rapunzel, but whenever there was a situation where Raps was in dire need of help, he showed up as her knight in shining armor, confirming it. When the time came, you were sure he'd make a great king and a great brother-in-law.

"But you just heard Nigel! It's a death trap."

"Look at us, Rapunzel. If the rest of the world had it's way, each and every one of us would either be on the run, or locked up somewhere.", Lance spoke wisely, Big Nose continuing "But your parents had the heart to give us a second chance. A chance to prove ourselves and go straight." Attila added on "The least we can do is give them a second chance of their own."

Eugene turned to Rapunzel, placing a comforting and reassuring hand on her shoulder, staring deeply into her eyes.

"Listen to them. Rapunzel, there's no other option! The mountains made for a great hideout back in the day, so I know those roads better than anyone. Face it, we're the men for this job. Besides, even a make-believe king has got to make himself useful."

Everyone looked at Eugene with suprise, awe and even admiration. The captain of the royal guard moved closer to Rapunzel as well.

"Your Highness, the guards should really be the ones to go."