𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝙰 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝙸𝙸

The sun shone brightly. The day had finally come, and you, along with some others, had gathered to say goodbye to your parents. The royal knights loaded up the carriage with the rest of the luggage.

"We hope to make it to the mountain retreat by noon."

"I am so excited for you guys!"

Rapunzel responded to her mother, hugging her tightly.

"Have fun on your break!" You called, joining the hug.

"Take good care of them Max!" Rapunzel added, smiling brightly.

Pascal gave a thumbs up.

"You two kids have fun now!" Eugene chimed in, laughing.

"Eugene, you do realize my parents are much ol-"

He simply shushed you.

Cassandra, Attila, Big Nose, Vladimir and Hook Foot had gathered too, looking responsible while lined up neatly.

"Are you sure you two will be okay?"Your dad asked in worry, eyeing the people surrounding the two of you.

"Because your mom and I can always stay! We have plenty of anniversaries to come, you know."

"Frederic!" Your mother chuckled, amused at her husbands antics.

"Psh, dad, we'll be fine!" You answered, pushing your parents in the direction of their carriage.

"Rapunzel has got this, after all we studied like, all night." You mumbled the last bit under your breath.

"And if there's any issues, I'm here too. Two heads are better than one."

Your parents glanced at eachother, slightly amused.

"Anyway, you two deserve to celebrate your anniversary, so don't let us stop you."

Lance, who had his hands up, added on. "Don't you worry, Your Majesty. We've totally got everything under control!"

Well that was certainly convincing you thought, Pascal only shaking his head in reply.

"Er, thank you. That's comforting." The king's voice practically dripped with sarcasm.

"I'm sorry, are those my shoes?"

Looking down at Lance's feet, you held back a laugh. Yep, those belonged to your dad alright. Only chuckling awkwardly, Lance moved away.

"Hm! I won't let you down, Dad."

Rapunzel grinned, as cheery as ever.

"I know you won't sweetie. Now, remember, you'll discover when you become queen, many voices will demand to be heard, but when all is said and done, the voice in your heart is the one you should follow."

Ah, of course your father had to leave after giving some life-advise. Always been the wise type.

Your parents gave you one last fond look, before entering their carriage. You and your sister waved one last time, before watching the carriage slowly move out of sight.

"KITCHEN RAID!"

Oh wow, what a great start. Cassandra ran after the wild mob, sword ready. Eugene wasn't far behind, trying to de-bomb the situation before it could escalate. This was going to be a loooooong day.

You accompanied Rapunzel on her daily duties, offering advice when it was necessary. Let's just say, you offered advice once. You were disinterested, and frankly, bored as you watched her with half lidded eyes, yawning every hour or so.