"Dumbass" Katsuki Bakugo x Reader

"Move out of the way, dumbass!" Bakugo shouted while shoving you off to the side. He aimed and fired a blast at the robotic opponent, ignoring your calls to stop.

"Bakugo, we're supposed to work together! Did you even listen to Mr. Aizawa?!" You ran towards the commotion of the blond boy exploding each robot in his path. You huffed in annoyance.

When both you and Bakugo made it into the Hero Academy, you had prepared yourself for the worst. Ever since you had met him in grade school, you two have never gotten along.

Bakugo was always an aggressive bully, showing no mercy to anyone. His main victim was Midoriya, whom you never understood for just letting it happen. Of course, Bakugo would attempt to take you down mentally, but he never succeeded. If anything, you would fire back at him with the same energy, usually ending in a loud arguing match that only ended when adults got involved. You didn't like his attitude, he didn't like your guts. A match made in heaven, right?

So trying to get you two to work together during hero training wasn't exactly the best plan. While you wanted to try and come up with a plan, Bakugo wanted nothing to do with it. He didn't need a plan, let alone yours.

"Don't be an idiot! Did you forget we're being graded on teamwork?" You yelled again over the sound of explosions. Bakugo ignored you yet again, continuing to yell 'Die!' At the inanimate villains.

. . .

So you both scored low on that assignment.

After being scolded by Mr. Aizawa on the lack of communication and inability to follow instruction, you huffed,

"I tried to work with him, Sir. Shouldn't you give him the lower score for not complying?" You tried to bargain. Mr. Aizawa gave you a deadpan stare.

"This was a teamwork assignment, meaning you both get the same grade." You knew from that, there was no changing it. You let out a defeated sigh and trudged out of the classroom, Bakugo following. Annoyance was practically emitting off your figure as you continued to lunch.

After getting your food, you plopped down next to Kaminari and Mina, who immediately reacted to your pissed off aura. You heard Kaminari whisper 'scary...' to himself.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well with Mr. Aizawa?" Mina asked. You groaned in response,

"That idiot Bakugo just doesn't listen! No matter how I try to reach out, he just blows up! Literally!" This makes the two laugh.

"Well you're the only person who can stand up to him, (Y/n)! How long have you two been friends anyway?" Kaminari asks, tilting his head. You raise a brow.

"I'd hardly call us 'friends'. I've known him for years, and I try to befriend him, but he wants none of it. I feel like we could get along so much better if he just..." not being able to find words to describe it, you trailed off.

You wished you could be closer friends with the explosive boy. Trust me, you've been trying for a while, but Bakugo never reacted well to kindness. Any nice thing you'd say, you'd get a weirded out face with a 'Shut up, dumbass!'. You haven't given up, but you were about to if he didn't change soon.

. . .

A few days after failing the teamwork assignment, Class 1-A was on their way to another training facility. You had chosen a seat on the bus across from Bakugo due to it being the only one open. You plugged in your headphones for the trip, turning up your music.

Partially into the ride, you felt eyes boring into the side of your head. Your brow furrowed as you turned to the culprit, eyes meeting with red ones. Bakugo sneered at you before looking back out the window. Confused as hell, you did the same.