"School Days Suck Sometimes" Denki Kaminari x Reader

I got another Denki request! I hope y'all enjoy this.

It was nearing the end of the first semester, and Denki Kaminari was done. He'd had it with training, schoolwork, and people teasing him. Today was especially shitty for him, starting when he slept through his alarm. He'd woken up in a panic which caused him to forget to fix his hair. He'd left his bread in the toaster for too long, so as he ran to school, he munched on a piece of charcoal. He rated it a 1/10, very bland, nutrition-less, and dry. Kaminari ran into the classroom, and tripped on Aizawa's sleeping bag, causing him to face plant onto the floor, the contents of his bag spilling out all over the floor because he'd forgotten to zip it up. Sure, everyone laughed at him, that was to be expected. However, what made it more embarrassing for Kaminari was when his crush, (Y/n), came over to help him gather his stuff.

Kaminari always felt that he couldn't function properly around (Y/n), he would stutter, turn red, and fumble everything which was completely opposite of his usual smoothness around people. Surely (Y/n) would've had to have noticed that he liked them, but maybe, just maybe they were incredibly dense and oblivious to his actions. Probably not though, and he was just making a fool of himself.

"Denki, you're staring again..."

Holy shit... they called me by my first name!

"I... I'm sorry (Y/n), thanks for helping," he stuttered out.

"(Y/n), Kaminari, get to your seats," Aizawa muttered before getting out of his sleeping bag.

"Yes Sensei."

Kaminari and (Y/n) quickly made it to their seats before class started. He tried to play it cool by performing small tricks for (Y/n) in class, but he got caught and Aizawa made him sit on the floor at the front.

Later on, he short-circuited during class because (Y/n) winked at him, so Aizawa assigned (Y/n) to take notes and take care of him for the rest of the day. Great, now they had to drag him along for the rest of the day. Kaminari still heard all of the insults coming from his classmates for short-circuiting so early on in the day, and it hurt. He could still hear and understand everything, it was just hard for him to process it, which was why he acted goofy until he recharged. Thankfully, (Y/n) came prepared and handed him a cable to put in his mouth during lunch. Now he was back to normal.

His day couldn't get worse... could it? Obviously if that question is asked, it could and would be a lot worse. He further embarrassed himself when he broke the water fountain, causing water to spew all over the hallway and soak every student that walked by.

"Asshole!"

"Such an idiot!"

"Why is he even in the hero course anyways?"

He couldn't blame his actions on being fried now. He desperately looked for a place to hide before (Y/n) found him and led him away from the jeering crowd. Kaminari buried his head in his hands, crying softly.

"Hey, it's ok Denki. I know they're all being mean, it's not your fault the water fountain broke. I saw Monoma tampering with it before you got over there," (Y/n) said, putting their hand on his back and rubbing it gently. It was definitely effective in soothing him, and he began wiping his face off.

"B-b-but I still messed everything up, and now everyone is mad at me! You're probably mad at me, you've had to take care of me this whole day, and... I can't let you do that anymore. I'm in the hero course, and I'm supposed to take care of myself."

Kaminari stood up and bolted away from (Y/n), he couldn't stand to embarrass himself further. He hated himself, why the hell did he have to have such a stupid quirk? Why was he such a failure? He couldn't even make toast... why did he have to love such an amazing person who would never love him back? He didn't know the answer to this, so he slammed his head into a locker. It made his whirling thoughts die down as his brain began receiving signals of pain. When the thoughts fired up again, he slammed his head against the locker again, and again, and again.

"DENKI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" (Y/n) yelled as they turned the corner.

"I-I don't know, just leave me alone..."

"I'm not leaving you alone, look at you, your forehead is bleeding!"

"I don't c-" Kaminari was cut off by (Y/n) engulfing him in a hug. Their arms wrapped around him just right, and it made him realize what he was doing.

"I- I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me, and I- I just..."

"Denki, I should've been there for you. I could tell something was bothering you, and you've just had a really crappy day today, haven't you?"

"Y-yeah... I guess," he said, returning the hug.

"Young (Y/n), Young Kaminari, shouldn't you two be in class?" A voice boomed from down the hallway. All Might stood with his arms crossed, looking at the both of you with a confused look on his face. Kaminari turned towards the man, eliciting a gasp out of him as he saw the blood streaming down Kaminari's face.

"Young Kaminari! You should go to Recovery Girl immediately! Young (Y/n), please escort him there, I will explain to your teacher where you are,"

(Y/n) thanked All Might before leading Kaminari to Recovery Girl's office. She looked at him with disappointment before healing him. Kirishima brought (Y/n) and Kaminari their homework after school ended. Bakugo was clearly pissed that both of them had missed class, and took Denki behind a bush and made him short-circuit again. What he did, no one will know, but now Denki would need someone to take him home. Aizawa asked (Y/n), since they'd been watching him all day, which they accepted.

Nonono, my room is messy! Maybe they're not coming in, just dropping me off...

Suddenly, his body moved on its own and he put his arm around (Y/n)'s shoulder, and gave a thumbs-up to his neighbor, who simply smiled and waved. (Y/n) led him to his front door, and asked if he wanted to do homework together.

"Okie! Yeyyy!" was Kaminari's response, even though he was almost visibly panicking when they stepped inside. Neither of his parents were home, thank goodness.

"Denki, where's your charger cord so you can recharge?"

"Bedroom! Wheeeeyyy!"

They laughed and made their way up to the stairs.

"Which one is your room? Wait, never mind, I found it. Unless you have a sibling, and then it would be awkward... Is it the cord by your bed? I'm just gonna grab that one."

(Y/n) made their way back down the stairs, and handed him the cord, which he promptly stuck in his mouth. Soon enough, he'd gone back to normal. By then, they'd finished all of their schoolwork and had to go home.

"Thanks for letting me borrow your textbook Denki," they said as they closed the door behind them.

"Yeah..." he responded to no one in particular, but when he picked up the textbook, a scrap of paper fell out. Was it? No, it couldn't be...YES, YES IT WAS! Kaminari hugged it close to his chest, dancing around the kitchen before kissing the paper and...

"Denki?"

Kaminari screamed, dropping the paper and standing up straight.

"Sorry, I just... left my phone here, and..."

"No! (Y/n), I'm sorry that was really weird, I just got really happy and uh..."

They laughed and walked over to him.

"I'm glad I could make you happy," (Y/n) said, planting a kiss on his cheek. Surprisingly, he didn't short-circuit, but (Y/n) wondered if he'd busted a couple blood vessels when his face turned red. He assured them that he was fine, before shakily holding their hand. (Y/n) smiled, and wrapped him in a big hug.

"I know your day was really shitty today, but I hope tomorrow is better..." they said, kissing his forehead.

"Tomorrow will definitely be better. Are you free after school then? I have a place in mind if you're interested..."

"Good to see you're back babe, see you tomorrow," (Y/n) said, winking at him as they walked out of his house a second time. They could practically hear the fuses blowing in Kaminari's brain as they made their way home.

This one was kinda cute. It's really late rn, so I'll edit it tomorrow or smnthn, but either way, stay cute guys!

1402 words