"Patrol" Denki Kaminari x Reader

On your way to school, you were walking with your head down, lost in thought. It was a chilly morning and the sun was just rising over the buildings.

You usually walked to school with your boyfriend, Denki, but for some reason he hadn't been at your usual meeting spot. You waited for him, but it came to a point where you had to get going or you'd be late, so you apologized in your head before walking alone.

A gust of wind sends a shiver down your spine, so you bury your head into the collar of your coat. Your hands were getting cold despite them being shoved in your pockets. You let out a tired yawn.

Suddenly, you feel fingers jab into your sides, shocking you. You let out a yelp at the small current that just went through your sides, quickly turning around to see a huge smile.

"Ah sweetie, you know I hate it when you do that," you huff, relieved it was only him and not some creep. He lets out a laugh.

"Consider it payback for leaving without me!" He smiles at you before taking his spot by your side to continue walking.

"Well you weren't there and I didn't want to be late. Where were you anyway?"

Denki let's out an embarrassed noise, "I couldn't find a clean pair of pants! I had to go through them all and do smell checks to find the clean ones."

You let out a giggle, "You've gotta clean your room, the place looks like a war zone."

Denki gasps in fake offense. You both laugh, but yours is cut short by another shiver. Denki notices and immediately pulls you close to him.

"See? It's so much better walking with your boyfriend right? No one else can warm you up like this~" he coos, planting a little kiss on your head. You smile.

"Well, technically Todoroki could-"

"SO MEAN (Y/N)!"

. . .

Once you got to school, the class was informed of today's agenda. In pairs, the class will be going on patrols throughout the city to practice everyday hero duties. Now that you had your previsionary licenses, you could help out. The one part of it that actually got you excited was the fact you were allowed to pick your partner.

As soon as those words left Aizawa's mouth, it was like clockwork. You and Denki immediately met eyes and grinned. Today was going to be a good day.

. . .

You and Denki patrolled through the streets, remaining professional and casually talking. It was nice dating someone that you were already friends with because nothing felt awkward. The two of you were able to have fun and talk about literally anything.

"This patrol thing is a piece of cake, especially since a got such a great partner," Denki winks at you. You playfully nudge his arm.

"It's only easy because we're experiencing the easy part of it, sweetheart. If this were real, there's a chance we'd have to save someone or fight a Villian," you say, "Especially with All Might retiring, the crime rates have gone up and it's only a matter of time before villains get more cocky."

Denki groans, "You're right... Man, villains are so lame."

"That's the truth"

While Denki is too busy looking at you and laughing, he bumps into someone. Just as he turns to apologize, the person is gone in the crowd. He turns to you and shrugs.

"Whaddya say after this we get dinner later? There's this new burger joint I think you'll like," You ask, seeing his face light up.

"(Y/n)~" he gets all emotional, "You're so cute to think of me~!"