"Butterfly" Tamaki Amajiki x Reader

Tamaki felt like he was going to throw up his own heart. Out of all the times he's ever felt anxious, which is constantly, this may take the cake.

As close as he was with his best friend, he could never bring himself to share with Mirio his feelings about their classmate. Just the sheer idea of saying it out loud made his mouth run dry. However, despite his best efforts to keep it under wraps, Mirio caught the shy boy staring softly at that certain someone from across the classroom. From that point on, it was more apparent just how often Tamaki looked at (Y/n) in more than a platonic way. Mirio didn't let this slide, and told Tamaki he was going to "help his buddy out".

While this was kind of Mirio to lend a hand to his anxious friend, Tamaki was practically shaking like a leaf at all the possibilities of what his friend had up his sleeve. Mirio didn't tell him anything, only that vague and cryptic statement, which made it better yet worse at the same time.

What was he planning? When? How? What if he makes a scene... or makes (Y/n) uncomfortable? What if they think I'm weird... oh god...

On the other hand, Mirio didn't plan on telling Amajiki a single thing until the day of, in hopes that he wouldn't back out. If it was more of a surprise, Tamaki couldn't just avoid it altogether.

So that's when Mirio invited Tamaki to join him and Nejire at the new botanical garden that just opened. He made a point to say to dress "nice, but casual" and to show up around noon on Saturday. That's all he told Tamaki, anyway.

"Tamaki! Mirio!" Nejire happily waved at the two as they met outside the botanical garden. They all exchanged greetings before entering, and Tamaki felt any anxiety from that day going away and a slight feeling of excitement taking it's place. After all, he loved gardens because of how peaceful they were.

The trio had just begun to by tickets when Tamaki noticed Nejire wasn't in line to get one. He also noticed Mirio had a glint in his eye when he bought his. Just when he was about to ask, he heard a familiar voice that made his heart rate increase.

"Hey guys! I hope I'm not late," (Y/n) came up behind the group, grinning widely. While Tamaki was shocked, confused, and flustered, Mirio and Nejire smiled at them.

"Hi (Y/n), glad you could make it!" Nejire gave them a hug, while Mirio winked at Tamaki, who was practically blowing a fuse. (Y/n) looked so cute in their streetwear, he's only ever seen them in their school uniform and hero costume, so seeing them dressed in their own fashion had his ears pink. He quickly looked at the floor.

"Well then, now that you're here, take this!" Mirio handed (Y/n) the ticket he had just bought, brushing off their offer to pay him back. Him and Nejire then quickly exchanged their goodbyes, slyly whispering "good luck" to Tamaki before leaving him alone with his crush. He realized he hadn't said hello yet, becoming even more shaky.

"H-Hi (Y/n)..." he trailed off. They smiled at him,

"Hi Amajiki, you doing alright?"

Oh no... I can't even look them in the eye, they probably think I hate them or something. I probably look so awkward... but I have to say something! But I cant! I-

"I'm... I'm fine," he began to fiddle with his ticket, trying to analyze the situation without working himself up too much.

"Alright then, let's head inside!" (Y/n) led the way, handing their ticket to the person at the booth. Tamaki followed them inside, prying his eyes off the floor to take in all of the plants and flowers. It was beautiful, beautiful enough to almost forget how anxious he's really feeling. He was still confused though, was this Mirio's plan all along? To trick him into alone time with (Y/n)? Not that he was complaining at all, only freaking out inside.