"Homework" Shoto Todoroki x Reader

Y'all i was so tired when i wrote this, it is absolute crap, read at your own risk lmao

You woke up for the fifth time that night, tossing and turning. You'd slept for how long? Maybe 3 hours? You weren't even keeping track at this point. The past few nights had been rough for you, staying up and doing schoolwork was not a fun task. The questions, answers, and everything in-between were swirling through your head. But you had to finish it, otherwise your parents would punish you. Deciding not to test those limits again, you hurried to do your schoolwork, but all those late nights were fruitless.

You'd decided to get up already, even though you still had two hours before you had to be at school. You packed up your homework, brushed your teeth, and taken a shower.

"Ah screw it all," you said when you realized that coffee had run down your cup and onto one of your homework assignments. Oh well. Aizawa-Sensei likes coffee right? Looking at the clock, it read 7:30. Your classes started at 8:40, but you decided to get there early. As you walked out the door, you saw your best friend, Kaminari, exiting his house.

"Hey (y/n)! Why are you out so early?"

"Oh, uh, I didn't have anything else to do this morning, so I just decided I'd show up early."

"Oh, that's cool I guess. I have to be at school early because Aizawa-Sensei is making me clean the classroom before we get started."
"Why would he do that? Is it just a regular thing or something?"
"Well, uh, actually... I have to go clean because I may or may not have put some crickets in Aizawa-Sensei's sleeping bag..."
"Denki, you're an idiot, do you know that?"
"Yes, but I have to go now, so see ya later!"

You started the walk to school, eyes drooping, trudging along to U.A.

*TIME SKIP*

"Alright class, you have 9 pages of homework that I expect be done by tomorrow," Aizawa droned on and on about the requirements for your homework, which you heard none of because you were about to fall asleep.

"(Y/n)? What is the assignment due tomorrow?" Aizawa asked.

"Uhm, you said 9 pages of homework?"

Aizawa nodded, slightly surprised that you'd managed to answer his question. If anyone knew what tired looked like, it was Aizawa. The rest of your classes continued, you barely managed to stay awake. On your way out, you felt a hand on your shoulder. Turning around, you looked into a pair of heterochromatic eyes. You immediately began blushing, but tried to remain calm.

"(Y/n), your mother asked me this morning to study with you. It seems you're having a bit of trouble in your classes."

"Wh- Todoroki, when did you see my mother?"

"She came by this morning, to drop off some homework that you'd left at home. Do you not remember?"

"No, but... Why would she ask you to help me?"

"I took your homework to you."

"Well, I guess we can study tomorrow. We can go to my house if you'd like."

"That sounds good. Bye."

"Bye, I guess..."

Todoroki was very blunt and straight-forward. Sure you guys were friends, good friends actually. You'd known each other since you were little, but you still wondered why your mother asked him specifically, and not any of your other classmates. Blushing to yourself, you remembered when you'd first realized that you actually had a massive crush on him. However... There was a lot of competition. Nearly every single girl in class 1-A thought he was hot. But now, you were glad he was going to be helping you with schoolwork, and not helping Momo or Hagakure. But going back to thinking about your mother asking Todoroki to help you, she knew the rest of your classmates, but... ohhhhh. You'd forgotten who Todoroki's father was. Endeavor. Your mother adored him, even once asking for an arranged marriage between you and Todoroki. You were only 5, but you remembered that conversation. However, you hated Endeavor. After learning from Todoroki what he'd done to his family... You wanted nothing to do with him, at one point, even shunning Todoroki away. This ruined the friendship you'd both had since you both were five. After some time, you realized that what his father had done wasn't his fault, and you tried to be friends with him again.