"Friendzoned?" Hitoshi Shinsou x Reader

I got a request from @AbbieTurner402

I hope you all enjoy this! I'm gonna call Shinsou's ex 'partner' so you can make them to be whoever you want.

SleepyPurbleBoi

Can I come over?

(Y/n)

Ofc, what for?

SleepyPurbleBoi

I just... need to talk?

Either way, I'm about to get there

(Y/n)

I'll get the blankets ready

Well, I actually needed to talk to you today too...

You tossed a couple fuzzy blankets on the couch and turned the TV on as you heard a knock on the door.

"It's unlocked!"

The door opened and a soaking wet Shinsou stumbled through the door.

"Shinsou! You could've said that it was raining, I would've picked you up!"

"It-its fine... I just... Can I have a hug?"

Studying his face closer, you saw tear streaks running down his face. His eyes were also red and puffy, as though he'd been crying.

"Awh, Shinsou! Here, let me get you a towel and a change of clothes," you said, hurrying to your closet. Shinsou was your best friend, and he'd left changes of clothes at your house for when he slept over. Grabbing the softest towel you had, and his clothes, you hurried back to the living room, where he still stood, miserably hunched over and crying. He slowly accepted the items you held out to him, and disappeared to the bathroom for a few minutes.

When Shinsou returned, his hair was still dripping wet. You gently took the towel from his grasp and began rubbing his head. He sighed and dropped his head onto your shoulder as you continued. He wrapped his arms around your waist and when you were done drying his hair off, you did the same.

"So... What did you need to talk about?"

"I-I just... well, they broke up with me..."

"Oh Shinsou, I'm so sorry! Do you want to talk about it?"

Shinsou had been dating what he thought was 'the one' for a few months, ignoring all the red flags that you'd seen. You couldn't say you didn't see this coming, but you would be here for him all the same. If you were honest with yourself, you'd felt a pang of hurt when he announced he'd gotten with his crush. You brushed it off because you were his best friend, and you were supposed to be supportive of him. It was nothing, right?

"I suppose I'll need to talk about it..."

"It's ok, take your time," you whispered in his ear. Man, something about the way he fit perfectly into his arms, and you into his was just magical. No, I can't think like that right now, for gosh sakes, he just broke up with his partner.

"Well, they texted me and said 'hey come over, and bring that sexy shirt of yours babe' so obviously, I thought they were texting me. I didn't know what sexy shirt they were talking about though, so I just wore my tank top. I got there, and... they were making out with Momo... they didn't even acknowledge me until they stuck their tongue in Momo's mouth (Y/n)! They made eye contact with me and then they stuck their hand up Momo's shirt, and winked. Then I texted you, so... I-I just... didn't know what to do after that, so..."