"Our Time Is Finite" Izuku Midoriya x Reader

When Midoriya was awoken by the sudden pain throughout his body, he was reminded of just one of the many harsh realities of life. When his green eyes slowly fluttered open, wincing at the sunlight casting onto where he lay, he was also reminded of the many joys of life. You, quietly snoring as you leaned over the edge of his hospital bed, your hand gripping his despite being unconscious.

Another dangerous mission landed him in a familiar place once again, the hospital. Just like he was as a student, as a Pro-Hero Izuku put the safety of others before his own, which led to various injuries. This time, not only was he covered in bandages, but multiple IV tubes trailed from his veins to hanging bags by his bedside. After enough time, Midoriya had trained himself to drown out the annoying beeping of the heart monitor, which was at a steady and unconcerning pace. He let out a small breath of relief that once again, he was able to pull through. He hoped his injuries healed quickly so he could get back to his feet again, the new symbol of peace.

His gaze fell back onto you, your peaceful presence bringing a warm feeling into his heart. Man, did he love you. He knew you loved him too, which made him that much happier to have you by his side through thick and thin.

As much as he wanted to hear your voice, Izuku didn't want to disturb your rest, so he just watched the rise and fall of your form as he allowed himself to get lost in thought.

The two of you had become Pro-Heroes together, deciding to let everyone and their mothers know about your relationship because honestly, you both were nothing but hopelessly in love with each other, so why not be open about it? Due to Deku's insane popularity and your high ranking, you were Japan's crime-fighting power couple that quickly became the staple of "relationship goals". You both worked great together, your quirks were pretty compatible (leading to some iconic special duo moves), and of course you both had the same heroic drive. That only added to how adorable you guys were, both of your fans constantly melting at any couple content they could get.

Although the extra attention only made it more special, the two of you knew you didn't need it to prove your relationship worthy. It was the behind the scenes moments that were your favorites. The late nights, baking sessions, silly dates, and domestic life with you was all Izuku needed, really. No, all he needed was you, and you alone.

Izuku was pulled from his sappy thoughts when he heard you mutter in your sleep, taking a moment to stroke the back of your hand with his thumb until you slept soundlessly again. A soft smile overtook his features.

Izuku would have never imagined being this happy until he met you. You added so much to his life that he would forever be grateful for, just like he added to yours. Where you lacked, he made up, and vice versa. Whenever you were down, he was there to lift you right back up, and whenever he found himself in another hospital bed, you were there every time. You both ebbed and flowed with each other like a calming lake, where not even a stone's ripples could affect the tranquility which was your relationship.

That being said, though, of course there were darker moments. The times where you cried to him about putting himself in unnecessary danger, understanding his need to be a hero, but wanting him to be at least a little selfish. At least for you? And the times where the immense stress of Japan's safety on his shoulders was too much for him to handle, his calmness cracking. Those stupid fights about missing dinner or losing laundry.

However, after the storm that trashed the waters, there are always those times of healing. When Izuku would pull you into him, petting your hair and whispering loving promises. When your comforting arms lifted him from his own thoughts, providing relief. When the two of you finally say 'sorry' and 'I love you'. The storms always pass, and the water always goes back to what it was.