"I Want You To Laugh" Jealous!Momo Yaoyorozu x Reader

Alright guys, first request! I hope you enjoy it. Again, ~~~ means a switch in perspective. Also you have a fire quirk, for the sake of a joke.

At the end of the school day, Yaoyorozu carried her books through the hall, looking for (Y/n). She spotted them deep in conversation with Ashido, while they were packing their bag. They were laughing at whatever joke Ashido had made, and this made Yaoyorozu a bit sad... (Y/n) never really laughed all that much around her, maybe her jokes weren't funny enough? Their stupid friends always made them laugh constantly, which meant that they thought Yaoyorozu wasn't funny. That had to be it. (Y/n) must think that she was boring, so they sought out someone actually funny. Well, Yaoyorozu now planned to step up her game. As she was doing this, she saw you give Ashido a big hug. Now she was a bit upset, and an idea popped into her head.

As she was on the bus home, Yaoyorozu watched tons of stand-up comedy, prank videos, and memes hoping to educate herself further. She prepared pranks, jokes, and puns to use on (Y/n) the next day, hoping to make them laugh. Maybe then they would pay attention to her. (Y/n) was a good friend to Yaoyorozu, but she wanted them to be more than just a good friend, was that so much to hope for? She wanted them to seek her out and to be hers. Yaoyorozu was jealous of Ashido and Todoroki, (Y/n)'s close friends. They always hung out with them, leaving no chance of Yaoyorozu getting close to (Y/n), but that was about to change now.

~~~

You were almost done packing your bag, and now it was time to put your plan into motion. This plan had been formulated over the course of several months, with the help of Ashido and Todoroki. The plan was to find Yaoyorozu, ask her out, and then confess your crush that you'd had on her for months. However, Ashido interrupted you by showing you a new meme, which to be fair, was actually pretty funny. It made you laugh.

"Ashido! I have to find Momo now, so I can... oh my god she's right there, and she's looking at me. What do I do?" You asked.

"Just, go up to her, and ask her if she can help tutor you. I'm sure she likes you back, she's always staring at you, and she always tries to do nice things for you!"

But before you could get past the crowd of students, she was gone. Aw damn it! I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow... Or, maybe I could just swing by her house?

"Mina! Wait up!" You called after your pink friend.

"(Y/n)? I thought you were going to talk to Momo?"

"Well, I was going to, but she's gone! I was thinking... maybe I could just swing by her house and see if she's there?"

"Aww, so desperate," Mina giggled, "that sounds like a good idea, I'll give you her address."

"Thanks Mina, you're the best!" You said, giving her a big hug. However, out of the corner of your eye, you saw Yaoyorozu staring at you. She made eye contact with you, but instead of smiling and blushing like she usually did, her expression hardened and she hurried off to her bus.

"Alright (Y/n), I sent you Momo's address! How are you gonna get there?" Mina asked.

"Uhm, I'll ask Todoroki if his chauffeur can take me," you replied.

"I heard my name?"

"Speak of the devil," Ashido said

"I can assure you I am not a devil," Todoroki responded, "In fact, many have compared me to an angel."

You and Ashido laughed.

"Anyways, I need a ride to Momo's house, can you drop me off on your way home?" You asked.