"Birthday Boy" Shoto Todoroki x Reader

Sorry it's late! This one is probably gonna be a shorter one. Your quirk will be a flight quirk, so you can have wings, levitate, etc, you can choose.

"Alright guys, he's coming!"
"Bakugo, did you get the confetti?"
"Of course I did you idiot!"
"Shhh! He could be here any minute!"
"Wait! We need to turn off the lights! (Y/n), can you get them? You're closest to the switch"
"Ok, the lights are off now."

The doorknob started to rattle, signifying that someone was about to open the door...

~Earlier that day

You woke up, very excited for the day ahead of you. It was Todoroki's birthday! You'd known him since middle school. Remembering the time he'd told you he didn't know what he was supposed to do on a birthday fueled your excitement. Quickly, you grabbed your phone off the nightstand and made a group chat without him.

(Y/n)
GUYS WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR TODOROKI'S BIRTHDAY

Emergency Exit
What are you suggesting (Y/n)?

(Y/n)
Wellllll, I was thinking we could throw a surprise birthday party! He's never had a birthday party before

Alien Queen
OMG he's never had a birthday party before?

Baby Shark
This is gonna be the manliest party ever!

(Y/n)
OK @all, QUIETLY make your way to the common room and we'll plan it there

Once everyone (except for Todoroki) had settled into the common room, the party planning commenced. 

"Ok, first thing off the bat, Sato, you're making the cake. Do you want anyone to help you?" you asked.

"Uh, Koda, I'll need help decorating and making the icing," Sato replied.

Koda nodded.

"Alright, I have a plan," Iida said, "Hagakure, Ojiro, Sero, Shoji, and Asui, you all will decorate. Bakugo, Kirishima, and Tokoyami, you all get snacks and drinks. Jiro, Kaminari, and Ashido, you will be in charge of music. Aoyama, Hagakure, Ojiro, and Uraraka, you will be the flex team and help wherever you're needed. Midoriya, Yaoyorozu and I will go and purchase gifts. If there is anything you'd like for us to get Todoroki, write it on this list."

"But what am I supposed to do?" You asked.

"Ah, I forgot to tell you. You will be distracting Todoroki until 5pm, then you will bring him back here," Iida replied.

You blushed. I mean, I think its natural for such a long friendship to turn into feelings like this... right?
"Ok, sounds good," you said.

Man, now I have to think of a way to keep him out of the common room for the whole day. Hmmm, maybe we can go to the mall or something? I don't know if he'd like it. I guess I'll go get him and we can go from there.

As you were slowly making your way out of the room, mumbling under your breath, Uraraka high-fived Iida behind your back.
"Good job Iida! They're sure to enjoy their date."
"Are you sure they harbor feelings for each other?"
"Iida, Iida, Iida. Todoroki literally told me yesterday that he always feels weird around (Y/n), all of the symptoms matching up to what love feels like. Ahh, it's sure to be so romantic!" 

~

Now you stood in front of Todoroki's door. He hadn't gotten up yet, which was a bit weird. Taking a deep breath, you knocked softly on his door.