"Sunshine!" Mirio Togata x Reader

Yeyyy! Mirio time! I love Mirio, he's such a great character. I... I was rewatching a few random episodes of BNHA, and I found the scene in the YouTube video, and I'm literally about to start crying of laughter. Anyways, enjoy!

OH ALSO SPOILERS FOR LIKE, SEASON 4

Btw your quirk is u absorb sunlight and you can store it and release it into energy beam weapon thingys *yayyy thumbs up*

Today was going to be a good day. You didn't oversleep, you didn't burn your toast, you'd remembered your homework... I mean, you didn't finish your homework, but you remembered it, so at least that counts. Your teachers had been super forgiving today, since they were in good moods today too, so they gave you an extra day to finish it.

After school had ended, you were on your way to see your beloved boyfriend, Mirio. He hadn't been at school for a month, saying something about work internships being extended, but that he'd be home this afternoon. As you pulled up to his house, all of the lights were off. Odd, he usually leaves at least one on... You knocked, and got a text from Mirio saying that he'd left the door unlocked. Weird! He always comes to greet me at the door. It was very dark in the house, all of the lights off and the curtains closed. He knew about your quirk, and typically left the curtains open. In fact, you'd never seen his house this dark before. Your good mood from earlier quickly dissipated as you walked up the stairs, nearing his room.

His door was closed all the way, and it was also locked.

"Hey sunshine! I'm here, can you let me in please?"

"Hey (Y/n)... I'm coming..."

"B-babe? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm okay," Mirio said, unlocking the door to pull you inside.

"Mirio, you're obviously not okay. Why is it so dark in here? A-and have you been crying? Baby, what's wrong?"

He didn't respond, simply pulling you to his bed before laying down, taking you with him. Mirio tossed the blanket over both of you, and wrapped his arms around you before tucking his head into the crook of your neck. Then the tears came. You felt them running down your neck, dripping onto the sheets and onto the collar of your shirt. His breath shuddered as you wrapped your arms around his strong back, and he squeezed you closer. You brought one of your hands to run through his head and massage his neck as the other hand worked on loose knots on his back. It was then that you felt the multitude of scars that were scattered all across his body. Fear ran through you as you ran your hand across the bandages still wrapped around his shoulder. The hand that was once twirling strands of his hair came to rest on his face, and you pushed back slightly so you could look him in the face.

"Sunshine... who did this to you? What happened?"

"(Y/n), I was going to tell you over the phone, but I figured this would be a better time and place for it... To put it simply, we raided a yakuza base, and we saved a girl with a very powerful quirk that had been abused and used her whole life, and... and I lost my quirk!" Mirio said, sobbing louder after saying the last part.

"Y-you lost your quirk? I remember hearing Mirko telling me about the drugs that would temporarily remove a quirk, but... are you going to get yours back?"

"M-maybe one day, but they said it's not likely... You can leave if you want, I understand why you'd want to." Mirio cried.

"Awh, baby! You'll still be my sunshine, forever and always. I didn't date you because of your quirk, I'm here with you because you bring joy to me and everyone around. You always have a smile on your face. You're strong, and manly, and very chivalrous. I love you for you, Mirio, and I don't love anyone else the way I love you. Sometimes it's ok to not smile, it's ok to hurt, and to cry. It's ok to not feel like you're a hero, but just know... you'll always be my hero. To that little girl you saved, you'll always be her hero. You helped save the lives of so many people Mirio, and you'll be their hero-"

"But we lost Sir!"

"I... I know sunshine, I saw that on the news."

"I lost him! I lost him, and he's not coming back..."

"That, that happens sometimes baby. It's so hard to lose someone, but everything happens for a reason. It may not be a particularly good reason, and there wasn't really much of a reason for him to die but... I don't know the mind of the universe, so I can't tell you why he died, why the little girl and many others suffer from being used, why we're alive, and any other questions of that nature. Although I do know that Sir would want you to become the greatest hero, and to keep smiling."

"Thanks (Y/n)... You really do know all the right words to say."

You smiled, and hugged him closer, attempting to avoid the wounds as you traced circles onto his back. Mirio pulled away to give you a sad smile before attempting to wipe all of the tears away. You handed him a tissue, and he sat up to blow his nose.

"(Y/n), did I ever tell you how much I love you?"

"Sunshine, you tell me every day how much you love me," you said, smiling.

"Well, if each one of my kisses were a lifetime I'd want to spend with you..." Mirio said with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Wh- Mirio! What are you doing?!" You squealed, attempting to shield your face from a flurry of kisses. It was unsuccessful, and he covered every inch of your face with sweet kisses. Mirio began tickling your sides, causing you to squirm and laugh harder.

"Ah, there was the sound I missed the whole time I was gone," Mirio said with a beaming smile on his face.

"Are you doing better now baby?" You asked.

"I'm much better now, thank you sunshine," he replied.

"Good. Now remember, it's completely okay to be sad. It'd be weird if you were always smiling," you reminded him.

"Of course love, I'm sure even All Might had moments when he wasn't smiling."

"Absolutely. Now, should we go get some ice cream to celebrate your success?"

"I've missed eating ice cream with you! Let's go!" Mirio said, slamming into the wall as he spoke.

"Pfffft, Mirio! Are you ok?"

"Ooohhh, that hurt," he said, rubbing his head with a wobbly smile on his face.

"I suppose you forgot that your quirk doesn't work?"

"Y-yeah. I guess it's a good thing because I also wouldn't have any clothes on right now, and that'd be dangerous if you know what I mean..." Mirio said, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

"M-MIRIO!" you yelled, attempting to cover your blush as he began laughing at your flustered state.

"I'm just kidding sunshine, now let's get some ice cream!"

Needless to say, that was not the only time Mirio walked into something that day. In fact, it happened several more times that day before you opted to walk in front of Mirio to keep him from walking into things.

Ahhh, this one was pretty cute I think, I hope y'all enjoyed it. Stay cute guys!

1225 Words