Chapter 3 - Pirate King

-----

"The Pirate King?!" Now 20 years old, Luerion exclaimed. He was holding a newspaper. "Woah..." It was the first time he was seeing him...or was it? Before he could read another page he felt a sudden headache. "Ugh..." He grabbed his head.

"Thank you..." He heard a voice.

"Huh? What was that?" He was looking down while holding his head.

"Thank you...for loving me." He heard a very fragile voice.

His eyes trembled and in them some tears started to appear.

"Why...why am I..." He was crying now.

"You need to remember!" He heard shouting.

"Who are you?!" He exclaimed into the air.

"That doesn't matter, you don't have time!" Again.

"What do you mean?" Luerion asked.

"Remember!" The voice sounded in his head again and again.

The man fell down onto the ground.

"I only have one regret..." Some other voice sounded. "That I won't be able to see you accomplish your dream."

-

"I am..." Luerion was now looking at his hands. "Where am I...?" He looked around himself. He then felt a ringing in his head.

"I will need 10 of them."

"I refuse your refusal."

"Tell me you want to live!"

"I will make your country be able to eat whatever they want."

"Join my crew!"

"Ace!"

"I will become The Pirate King!"

Memories flooded his head at once, he finally remembered...who he was.

"I am...I am...ALIVE!" He shouted. He was so shocked. He was remembering his past life as well as his current life. "How's that...how's that possible?!" He lost balance again. He needed time. Much time. "I need...I need to find him!" He clenched his fists. He was wandering all of his current life without a plan, but now he knew what he had to do, he had to go find his brother.

"Ace!" He exclaimed.

-

After 1 year, the man Gol D. Roger, also known as Gold Roger, was sentenced to death. He will get executed today.

"Here it is!" A voice shouted. The person jumped from the building in the LogueTown. More and more people were gathering at the marketplace.

"Huh?" The Pirate King was chained up in the cell. He heard walking and he opened his eyes. He was so exhausted, but he knew he would need to wake up soon to tell his friend a very important message. "Garp?" He asked as the person closed the lantern to the bars.

"Hihihi. Nice to meet you, Pirate King!" The man took off his hood and it showed no one other than Monkey D. Luerion. Roger was sitting, sweatdropping. "I was waiting for this day!" Lue was clenching his fists excitedly.

"Haaaa..." Roger sighed. "You're...?" He glanced at the young man again.

"I'm Luerion! Garp's son!" Lue smiled. The prisoner blinked a few times, the kid surely was very energetic.

"Will Garp come?" Roger asked. Lue's smile went down a little, but he shook his head. "I see..." He looked down.

"You wanted to see him, right?" Lue then asked. The man flinched. But nodded.

"I wanted...to" He laughed ironically. Lue closed his eyes. He inhaled.

"Say...why did you want to meet my dad?" Lue sat down on the cold floor. Roger's eyes widened, what was the man doing?

"I..." Roger wanted to tell him...but he was afraid.

"Was this because...of your wife?" Lue shocked Roger to the core.

"H-How you know about my wife?!" He stood up and walked closer to the bars.

"Wait!" Lue sweatdropped. "I want to...help." he placed a hand on his heart.

"What?" Roger raised an eyebrow, he was still very suspicious about the man.

"I will...I will protect your wife from the marines! I will protect your baby's life too!" Luerion said firmly. Roger's eyes widened. He grabbed the bars with his hands.

"How...how you know about that..." He clenched his teeth. Lue closed his eyes. "HOW?!" Roger shouted.

"I just know!" Lue couldn't tell that the reason he knew was because he is from the future of this world.

"I didn't tell anyone..." Roger's head fell down, frightened.

"Don't worry...no one besides me and you know about it." The young man stood up.

"How could I trust you? I heard many stories about your kindness and all, but you're still...ugh I don't know..." Roger hid his head in his hands. Luerion sighed.

"Don't worry...I won't let them kill someone who is innocent." Lue looked into the air, remembering why the government wanted to kill Ace, even before he would be born. He carried a blood that was cursed for them, they wanted to kill someone for their parents fault...that was unacceptable.

"You..." Roger whispered.

"No one should die because their parents were bad." Lue smiled. The Pirate King felt something warm...he felt like he could leave them in this kid's hands.

"Please..." He started, grabbing the attention of the young man. "Please protect them." He looked into the eyes of Lue.

"Of course." Luerion nodded and he turned to walk away. "Farewell, it was good to see that Ace's father was good after all." He smiled.

"Huh?" Roger perked up and grabbed the bars wanting to look at the man again. He wanted to get out and ask...how does he know what name they choose and what gender it is. How?

'It is truly...a situation...' he thought. 'But. I will leave them in your care...young man.' Roger smiled after that and he walked back onto his place to sit. He felt like the man was trustable even though they just met. He felt a warm aura from him and his guts never lie.

That day, The Pirate King, Gol D. Roger was executed. That day was as hot as lava, that day was the first day of The Great Age of Pirates.

-----