Chapter 16 - Training

-----

"Now!" Ace exclaimed to Sabo as they prepared their combined attack. Lue smirked as he saw what they planned, he looked back and stopped Luffy's hiding attack.

"Awh, come on!" Luffy exclaimed as he fell onto the ground.

"Ace!" Sabo shouted and he jumped up to attack Lue who grabbed his leg and shot him to the other side. Ace came and he too tired to beat Lue but of course to no effect.

"What is it now? 50 to 0?" Lue laughed as the boys got up from the ground.

"Dad is too strong..." Luffy whined.

"Someday we'll beat you." Ace smiled.

"I'd like to see you try." Lue answered and he looked up and saw that it was past afternoon. "How about we take a break?" He asked.

"Okay..." The boys sighed. Then they walked to a tree where they had their pipes leaned on. Lue looked at his hand, he moved it in different angles and got an idea. He got to a tree and closed his eyes as he placed his hand on the cortex.

"Huh?" The boys looked at him. Lue flexed his muscles and tried to use the Ryou.

"Hph!" Lue breathed out as the tree only broke down due to his haki. "No, that's not it..." He murmured.

"Dad! What are you doing?" Sabo exclaimed to him from their spot. Lue turned to them.

"Ah...just trying something. I guess that I got old..." He came to them.

"What was that! You made a hole in the tree!" Luffy had stars in his eyes. Ace and Sabo nodded beside wanting to know too.

"I guess that I could teach it to you too." Lue placed a hand on his chin as he thought.

"Yes! "Luffy ran around him with hands in the air.

"A ha!" Ace and Sabo smiled. Lue coated his arm in the black haki.

"This is called haki!" He said firmly as he stood up in a fighting stand. The boys watched as he showed some movements like kicking or punching. "Every living thing in the world has this power. However not anyone can awaken it and learn to fight with it." Lue pointed at some birds.

"Woah..." Ace got goosebumps. The boys were sitting beside a tree. Luffy was wiggling excitedly. Sabo took out a notebook and tried to write some of the things Lue was saying.

"There are three types of Haki." Lue showed three fingers then only one. "First is Kenbunshoku Haki which gives you a sixth sense. You could predict some movements for example where the opponent plans to strike!"

"WHAT?!" Sabo exclaimed.

"That's so overpowered!" Ace was shocked. Luffy was not understanding half of the words Lue had said but he felt it somehow.

"You're saying that everyone could have such ability?" Sabo asked. Lue nodded.

"If you're tough enough to pass the training of course." He smirked and the boys gulped. Afterwards, he showed two fingers. "The second one is Busoshoku Haki!" He said and coated his hand in it. "It allows the person to armour their own body and be resistant to simple attacks, such as punches. It can also make your own attack more powerful!" Lue looked at them and they suddenly remembered their Gramps and they shivered. "And. It can also bypass Devil Fruit defences!" He smiled.

"WHAT?!" Luffy's eyes got out of pockets.

"You mean it could utilise the power of the fruit?!" Sabo wanted to note that.

"Amazing!" Ace had stars in his eyes.

"Right?" Lue laughed. "There is a third. The one that only the chosen ones can have." Lue had become more serious. The boys stopped their excitement. "It grants a person the ability to unleash their own willpower to overpower the will of others." He closed his eyes.

"J-Just like Shanks?!" Luffy exclaimed. Lue looked at him. He remembered him, the red-haired man. He remembered his younger self he met in this life as well as the one he met in his older life.

"Really...?" Ace murmured.

"Wow..." Sabo was intimidated.

"I am able to do the three types." Lue sat down before them and smiled. "I could teach you." He placed his cheek in his hand. The boys had their mouths open.

"R-Really?" Sabo stuttered.

"Of course." Lue knew that they all...will be able to master it. Luffy has the three types as well as Ace. Sabo has only two but he was really powerful in his memories.

"Then!" Ace jolted up. "Teach us now!" He exclaimed. Lue sweatdropped.

"Yeah!" Luffy stood up too as well as Sabo.

"Teach us!" Sabo clenched his fist.

"Heh?" They grabbed his shoulders and begged.

"Please?" Luffy showed his puppy eyes.

"Pretty please..." Ace too. Lue sighed.

"If you really want to master it, you first need to train your bodies." He snapped their foreheads.

"Ouch..." Lue got up.

"We still have a lot of time to train, hahaha!" He smiled at them.

"Yes!" They exclaimed.

-----