Chapter 22 - It's Hot Here

-----

In the port town, Nanohara or in the suburbs near it.

"Oh traveller, I have never seen you!" A merchant said and showed him a golden apple. "It's a golden apple, if you eat it you will live for a thousand years!"

"Sorry, but I'm not interested in living for a thousand years, it's good if I live to tomorrow." The person answered and walked away.

"Tsk..." The merchant tsk'ed but then he saw another person. "Oh, traveller-!" He wanted to say, but the 'traveller' was really tall as well as he was angry.

"Ha?" Lue glared at him and walked away.

"Hic!" The old guys stepped back.

"Man...even if I know someone here, the clothes make it hard for me to notice..." Lue murmured as he walked.

-

A crowd of people was in front of the restaurant.

"This guy was talking with the owner and then he fell with his face in the food!" Someone commented. Then more murmurs filled the air about some toxic strawberries.

"Uwah!" The man's head lifted up.

"WAH!" The crowd exclaimed.

"Huh?" Lue was outside and he decided to walk into the bar. There he was met with a familiar scene. The man in the orange hat looked around and then wiped his face in some woman's skirt.

"Crap, I fell asleep." He murmured.

"YOU FELL ASLEEP?! That's impossible! And you're eating again" The crowd exclaimed with hands in the air. Lue was in the middle standing and blinking. The man turned around.

"You have a problem with me-?" He trailed off as his eyes landed on a familiar person.

"Ace? What are you doing here?" Lue walked to him and sat at the counter.

"A..." Ace was shocked, he watched as Lue sat at the stoll and ordered something.

"So he didn't die?" The crowd walked away, a certain white haired man with a cigar was curious about it.

"Y-yes..." The chef said to Lue, who patted his belly.

"Man, I'm hungry!" He laughed.

"D-Dad?!" Ace jolted up.

"What?" He whined.

"I was going to ask you that! We haven't seen each other in 3 years!" Ace smiled.

"Hahaha! We have a lot of time to talk about it!" Lue laughed.

"Weren't you with Luffy?"

"Well...something happened and some time ago I separated from him. I don't even know where he is now." Lue took a sip of some booze.

"It's good, because I know!" Ace smiled and showed the poster to Lue.

"PFFT?!" Lue spit out his drink as he looked at the poster. 'It's this time now?!' he thought.

"Sir, we're looking for this guy." Ace placed it on the counter.

"I see you're not bothered eating in public? Commander of the 2nd Whitebeard Division - Monkey D. Ace." Smoker entered the bar, then he noticed Lue and his eyes widened. "And you!" He narrowed his eyes.

"Whitebeard?! You don't mean Whitebeard Pirates, right?!" The chef exclaimed.

"Such a weirdo is in Whitebeard Pirates?!" Some people wondered.

"What are you...two doing here in this country. You, Monkey D. Luerion disappeared from the world 23 years ago..." Smoker glared.

"I'm..." Ace turned on the stool. Lue smiled and took a sip of his drink. "Looking for my brother." He answered. Some screams from a straw hat boy about food were heard.