Chapter 14 - Their Home

For anyone wondering this chapter was based on an episode 497.

-----

In the morning. Lue was sleeping peacefully on his side when three handles, or he thought, fell on his body.

"Ugh?!" Air was knocked out of his lungs.

"Dad!" They whined.

"Wake up!" Ace lifted one eye lid of Lue's.

"We need to hunt for our breakfast." Sabo said while pulling his one arm. Lue was pulled up by the boys and he was sitting with eyes closed and hair dishevelled. He yawned.

"Come on!" They were pulling his arms by both sides.

"Yes..." He murmured and stood up. They ran out of the room, giggling, he walked after them, or he dragged himself there... . They wore the same clothes they used as pyjamas...because they didn't have any more.

"Dadan!" The boys were running with full energy in the main room, irritating the woman. She tried to stop them from dirtying the floor but she didn't catch one.

"I have had enough!" She exclaimed. Lue just came downstairs while caressing his neck. "Lue! Get them out of here!" She exclaimed while holding Luffy by his collar. Lue blinked and took the boy from her.

"Hello!" Someone exclaimed from behind the doors. They all looked in its direction.

"Who could it be?" Ace asked Sabo who just shook his head. Dadan came and opened the doors and she was met with familiar faces. Makino and Wood Slab were standing outside the doors. Lue's eyes widened and he let go of Luffy for him to run to her.

"Makino!" Luffy ran up to the green-haired woman who just hugged the boy.

"Luffy!" She said.

"You look good. We haven't seen each other in 6 months, so we decided to visit you." The man said while smiling. Lue was hiding behind the wall in the house, he gulped. Ace watched him.

"What are you doing...dad?" He said and tugged one of Lue's legs.

"Em...hiding...kind of." Lue sweatdropped.

"I have a gift for you!" Makino clapped her hands together. She went over to her basket, but before she could take it out she saw something in one of the windows. A familiar face.

"Makino, what's wrong?" Luffy asked. Makino's eyes watered and she came closer to the doors. Ace and Sabo clearing the path for her. She leaned out of the doorframe. She gasped and Lue's eyes travelled to meet her.

"Ma...Makino." Lue said and the woman cried, hugging him closely. Mayor came into the house and he let go of his cane.

"L-Luerion?!" He exclaimed.

"H-How?!" Makino cried into his shirt. The brothers gathered together. Luffy was confused, how did Makino know his new Dad?

"It's okay...really." Lue was patting her back.

"You..." Wood Slap felt guilty. Lue looked at them.

"It's not your fault, guys." They were the only ones that knew exactly how Lue came to disappear.

"We're really sorry..." Makino was the little girl he remembered. After they calmed down, the woman wiped her tears and came for her basket.

"I didn't know you were here...I prepared clothes for the boys, If I knew you would be here..." She trailed off and Lue waved his hands.

"No, no, no...it's okay!" He assured her.

"New clothes?!" Luffy smiled.

"I will need boys' help to try them on." She looked at Ace and Sabo. The blonde was mesmerised by her and he came from his hiding. Ace was still blushing and Lue saw that and he laughed quietly.