Chapter 9 - Feelings

-----

"Tch." Someone smacked their tongue. It was a child sitting on a hill. He had raven hair and freckles on his face. He was tossing a stone in his hand then he stood up and yanked the thing into the ocean.

"Oi!" A voice sounded through the forest behind him. The child looked behind him. From the forest another one appeared. "Ace!" He exclaimed. Ace was standing with a shadowed face.

"How could you just leave me alone to fight that thing!" The blond-haired boy exclaimed. Ace smirked.

"I thought you were strong enough to fight it, Sabo." He shrugged. A line popped out of Sabo's temple.

"Stop messing with me..." He sighed then looked at the boy. "What happened?" He asked. Ace looked down.

"Nothing...just remembering something." He said and walked into the direction of the forest leaving Sabo on the hill alone again.

"Haa..." He sighed. Sabo looked down and saw...many little stones on the ground. He looked back at Ace and frowned. "Right...it's that day." He said and walked to the forest.

"You brat! You were supposed to do the laundry!" Dadan exclaimed at Ace, who was just sitting on a log with chin on his hands. She stopped and frowned.

"Listen." She started and sat beside Ace. "Today we were supposed not to fight. That's what he would want-"

"Stop talking about him!" Ace jolted up and screamed at the older woman. She sweatdropped. His eyes were full of fury and contempt. He then looked down with eyes shadowed. "It doesn't matter..." He continued as he placed his hands in his pockets. He walked away into the darkening forest.

Dadan sighed. She looked at her hands.

"It has been 2 years...since you have disappeared." She murmured. "Lue..."

Impel Down. The worst place on earth. No one would want to be there, No one. Especially on the worst level of that hell. The special level numbered 6, Navy places the worst criminals there...but some of the people are not exactly criminals. A long corridor leading to a closed cell. One person shackled and pierced into the wall. He was breathing harshly.

"Ugh..." He didn't have any boots or long sleeves. It was cold and dark. His hands were covered in blood as well as his feet. His head, all dirty and covered in mould and dirt. He was gasping for air. He looked up, sweat running down his face.

"A...Ace..." He whispered. His eyes full of agony and longing for one...his child. He wanted to cry all this time he had spent here. How could he just leave his poor baby out there, he was supposed to protect him and not let him feel any pain...but leaving him caused Ace to feel...terrible. He could have just imagined what the child is feeling.

Two guards placed in front of the doors that open up the corridor.

"That guy...he had been here for such a long time, yet he doesn't talk at all!" One exclaimed.

"Calm down. All of them will eventually break down." The other answered, woken up from his sleep.

"The 6th level, yet he is being kept in such a fancy place..." One tsked.

"He was an acquaintance of The Pirate King." The second guard said.

"He should have been executed long ago!" The first snickered.

"Haa...." The other sighed. "You're a newbie so you don't know much. But those that are somehow connected to Gold Roger are being interviewed and if they don't talk, tortured." The second pointed at the first.

"Hmph. So are the headquarters waiting for him to talk?" The newbie raised an eyebrow.

"He is the son of that Marine Hero! Of course they will be cautious. If Garp The Fist were to roam free without control we'd all be dead by now!" The older guard sweatdropped while saying it.

"How could a son of a hero become a villain, Hm?" The first spat at the door.

The guards talked not realising that the doors didn't stop the voice from heading over to the imprisoned Luerion. He was listening to them...and he only frowned more. The world is corrupted. He must get out...He must.

"So..." Sabo was sitting on his chair.

"What?" Ace raised an eyebrow and looked up to see Sabo upside down in his view. He was lying on the floor with a newspaper in his hands he stole from Dadan.

"Tell me more!" Sabo exclaimed in excitement. Ace sweatdropped.

"Pft...what?!" He was flabbergasted.

"Your dad! Tell me more about him!" Sabo was wiggling his feet. Ace was not happy.

"Why do you want to know..." Ace murmured. Sabo closed his eyes and got out of his chair.

"Because my dad...is not like that." He crouched in front of Ace's face. He took the newspaper from him and smiled. "Please tell me."

"Tch..." Ace couldn't resist. "It's not like I remember much..." He sat, now facing Sabo.

"Yea, you said he disappeared when you were 4, right?" Sabo tilted his head.

"Yeah...He just ran away from his repons...responseb...responsi- Agh I don't know!" Ace dragged a hand over his face. "Whatever, he had just left me! But..." He stopped. Sabo smiled.

"He was brave too, right?" The blonde giggled.

"Y-yes..." Ace looked down. He scratched his cheek. "I remember once he killed a big beast for dinner...bigger than the ones we are running away from." Ace looked at Sabo embarrassed.

"Hihi! And? What else!" He insisted.

"Em...He was really fast and...strong, he was kind...-" Ace flinched. "But...But I hate him!" He said. Sabo frowned. "He left us! He left me...I was alone until I met you..." He continued with a frown on his face.

"Ace..." Sabo murmured. Then a sniff sounded through the room. The blonde looked at the cause of it.

"H-he...*hic*...he left me!" Ace was crying. He was biting his lip that was trembling from the cries. He then used his sleeve to wipe his tears and mucus. Sabo's mouth opened. Some tears appeared in his eyes.

"H-how...how c-could h-he...*hic*" Ace continued. "I...I miss him!" He exclaimed and then cried full tears. He choked on some. Tears started to fall down Sabo's cheeks. He moved closer to Ace and hugged him.

"He didn't love me anymore!" Ace wailed. Sabo was shaking his head while trying to keep Ace steady.

"I hate him!"

The sun was setting and the treehouse was in a beautiful orange light. 

In one memory...Ace remembered sitting with his father watching the sun set.

"Acey! What would you like to wish for on your birthday? It is soon." Ace was sitting on Lue's lap. He looked up.

"I...!"

"I want you to come back..." He whispered.

-----

WAAAAAH I AM GONNA DIE FROM THE TEARS!