Chapter 12 - Remember Me

-----

Remember me...

"Ace!" Luffy exclaimed while running after the boy. The latter only huffed in response. Luffy catched up to him and took his hand in his, Ace then snatched his hand out of Luffy's.

"Leave me alone!" Ace exclaimed.

"That mister!" Luffy started. Ace flinched with his back to the boy.

"What?" He asked. His voice was cracking and Luffy didn't know why.

"You know him, right?" He said.

"What is that to you..." Ace clenched his fists.

"Do you hate him?" The boy was concerned.

"Yes. He left me." Ace answered.

Though I have to say goodbye.

"Why?" Luffy asked.

"I don't know! Stop asking me!" Ace sat on the ground with his knees to his chest.

"Are you sad, Ace?" Luffy sat beside him in the same position. Ace was looking away...his eyes were red and he would cry if he had said anything more. But before he could nod or answer...they came.

"Ace." A voice came...known to the boy. The man the three brothers saw in clothes that didn't look like clothes or wounds and scars that looked horrible even to them. Ace flinched hearing the voice, he only hugged his knees more, Luffy beside him looked behind. His eyes widened seeing the expression on the mister's face. Sabo was just behind him.

Remember me...

"Ace...please..." He repeated. The boys were looking at him. "I..." His voice stuttered and his lip trembled, he was looking at the ground with eyes shaking from fear to even face Ace's face. The boy turned to look at him only to get back and settle himself in his self hug.

Don't let it make you cry.

"What do you want?" He finally said. Lue looked up, his face showing agony... "I thought that I already told you...to leave." He glared. Lue avoided his gaze.

"I know." Lue answered, shutting his eyes.

"Then what are you doing here..." Ace warned. Luffy backed off a little, he glanced at the man before him and felt sad. One tear slid down Lue's cheek.

For even if I'm far away, I hold you in my heart

"Ace..." Lue breathed heavily. His mind, though harsh works and tortures, was occupied by Ace only. The scars were for him. The blood was for him. The sweat was for him. Everything was for him. He was far, far away. He left Ace. But for his good. He will do anything for him to live, even if it meant for him to hate Lue.

Ace was still not looking at the man. He suddenly remembered something.

I sing a secret song to you each night we are apart

"Ace, it's time to go to sleep." Lue said while lifting the toddler. Ace giggled. "Hihihi..." Lue answered with his laugh. He hugged the boy to his head as he walked into the home and to the room with a little crib in it.

"Sleep now...baby, sleep now...honey bee~, Close your eyes and wander to wonderland..." Lue sang as he placed the little boy in the bed, covering him with a small blanket. Baby Ace wiggled and then he yawned and Lue laughed at that quietly. "What will you dream about?" Lue whispered as Ace closed his eyes. He straightened up and then leaned to kiss Ace's little forehead. Then he patted his belly and head, the baby nuzzled into his touch and Lue couldn't take his hand off. He sweatdropped but gave up...he would be sleeping beside the crib. He settled himself, moving his hand so he could sit on the floor. It still was under Ace's head but with the help of the other he was able to sit in a normal position.