Bonus Chapter - Aftermath

-----

Garp entered the infirmary in one large ship, they were sailing away from the Marineford. In the middle they went onto this one ship. He gasped when in his view, a dead corpse of Luerion was lying on the table. There, he wasn't under a blanket, he just had closed eyes.

"Lue..." Garp trailed to the side of the table. His eyes trembled. The chest of the man didn't raise. He was clearly dead. The face of his son was blank and dried up. He fell on his knees. "Oh...Lue...my baby..." Garp caressed his cheek. It has been long...since he last saw Lue. No one expected for him to be gone. But why? What happened? Why did Lue die? No one knew...but he had a feeling that his son knew. From the very beginning it was weird. For him to go after Ace.

"Why did you do that?" Garp looked at Lue's face. He wondered. But he wouldn't get his answers, never. "I think...you knew something, didn't you?" Garp smiled, placed the hand on his cheek. He narrowed his eyes. Lue's clothes were shattered in some parts. His one hand was all bloody and swollen, but the blood was dry and it would quickly be wiped by the doctors. He inspected his legs. His sandals were still there, some scars on his fingers. He observed the body of his deceased son, to know him better, to get to know something of his past. Garp touched Lue's chest where there was a scar doctors made. They said...he doesn't have a heart. How?

"Did you take your heart with you?" He asked again. "The boys will surely miss you...I will miss you..." Garp let one tear slide down his cheek on the hand he was holding close. The tear splattered on the grey hand, making a wet circle and giving some moisture to the dry skin. Lue's lips were slightly parted, it looked like he could start talking again, laughing and smiling. Garp closed his eyes, remembering the small newborn in his arms or the little 3-year-old...Lue was gone. He won't come back. "I wonder what you felt...did it hurt? Or did you already know?" Garp trailed. "I wanna know." He glanced at Lue again then closed his eyes.

"Garp-san." Someone said as they entered the room. Garp opened his eyes and looked up to see a certain blue fishman.

"Jinbe?" Garp placed Lue's hand back beside his body.

"We have arrived on the island." Jinbe looked down. Garp's eyes were wide. He stood up, looking back to Lue but then walking out of the room. The light blinded him as he came out of the hallway. The weather was awful, grey clouds, strong wind, the sun didn't come out. Almost everyone was on the deck. From Edward Newgate to Red-haired Shanks. They all had frowns on their faces. Garp tsked and came onto the land. A certain blonde pineapple head was sitting on one of the stairs and wiping his tears. He sniffed when he noticed that the people came down on the land.

"Where are the boys?" Shanks asked as they sat on the grass or some on a rock.

"They fainted." Jinbe answered. They all frowned.

"I see..." Rayleigh walked to the circle and sat on a log. "So that's what happened."

"Yeah..." Whitebeard murmured.

"Luerion-san...he really did..." Shanks murmured.

"He did." Garp answered.

"How?" Ray turned to the old marine. The latter glanced at him from his hand on his forehead.

"His heart disappeared." A young doctor interrupted. His name, Trafalgar Law.

"What does that mean?" Marco asked. Law looked at him and closed his eyes.

"When I opened his chest to see...he didn't have a heart. It was gone." He answered. Their eyes widened.

"Disappeared? Was it taken from him by someone?" Marco's eyes trembled. Law shook his head.

"No. He didn't have any wounds or anything that would explain it. We just need to take it to our minds...his heart disappeared along with his life." Law looked down.

"Gh..." Garp clenched his teeth.

"That man..." Whitebeard murmured. "He was a good man." Many people nodded beside him.

"Never met someone so kind." Marco's voice cracked.

"So caring." Shanks smiled remembering Lue taking care of baby Ace.

"And loving..." Jinbe added.

"The boys...will they wake up?" Shanks asked the doctor.

"I am sure...but not now I think-" Law crossed his arms but before he could, a certain raven-haired person landed on the land inside the circle. He had bandaged arms, head and all of his body. He breathed.

"Ugh..." Ace fell on his knees, Law ran up to him along with some people.

"You woke up." Law was shocked.

"Ace..." Garp murmured. Ace's eyes flung open. He jolted up and went into the forest.

"What should we do?" Jinbe asked.

"Let's leave him there." Shanks answered. After some time, Sabo went out onto the dock. He was staring blankly at the ground. He asked where Ace was and they pointed at the forest, he went there and soon heard screams.

-

"That man. Monkey D. Luerion, right? He ended the whole war by himself!" A villager commented to someone near the counter where he was cleaning his cups.

"Really?! Who is he?" The person, sitting at the stool, leaned more.

"He is a sworn father to Gol D. Ace! The Pirates King's Son! He is also Dragon The Revolutionary's brother and Marine Hero Garp's son!"

"Woah, what happened to him?" The man whistled.

"He died." The barman answered.

"Oh...how did he die?" The man looked down, his hat shadowing his face.

"Now one knows...but they even gave him a title!"

"Seriously?"

"Saviour."

"Isn't he bad? He saved the criminal, Fire Fist Ace." The person smirked.

"Some think he is good. He has some events on his account! What do you think?"

"Hm?"

"Is he good or bad?"

"I think..."

"What?"

"I think he is...incredible." He tipped his orange hat with his finger.

"Incredible? Why?" The person cleared the glass with a towel.

"Why wouldn't he? He is my saviour." The raven-haired smiled widely while his index finger burned in flames. The person realised who he was talking to and he flinched.

"Gol D. Ace?!" He exclaimed.

"Not 'Gol D.'..." Ace pouted. He leaned on the counter. "I'm Monkey D. Ace! Monkey D. Luerion's son!" He threw his hands in the air and laughed. "Take that!" he ran away from the bar, leaving the whole bar shocked. But who wouldn't be. It was really long...since the war ended.

-----

I didn't want to leave you with just anguish, so you have both misery and happiness tehe :p