Chapter 4 - Birth

-----

"Finally, I will meet Ace." Lue was sailing on a boat to the village that Rouge was staying in. "I will also protect your mom." He smiled. He wanted Ace to be happy, to be loved and for his kind mother to live for him. He deserves it.

Puru Puru Puru

A snail transponder rang. Lue glanced at it and then took the handset.

"Moshi, Mosh?" He said.

"YOU BRAT, WHERE DID YA GO?!" Someone shouted from it.

"Ugh, stop shouting, old man." Lue picked his ear.

"WHO'RE YOU CALLING OLD MAN?!" Garp was furious.

"You..." Lue repeated.

"What has that other brat done to you..." Garp whined.

"Don't talk about nii-san like that!" Lue exclaimed into the handset. 

"DON'T SHOUT AT ME!" Garp screamed back. "Whatever, you're not getting away!"

"You won't find me!" Lue smirked. It was probably shown on the other side of the snail as Garp shouted again. "Old man...did ya hear?" 

"What? That you go and I assume you're not going back?" Garp huffed. Lue smiled, he knew Garp would have let him.

"Thanks, Dad." Lue said.

"I am only doing it because my sweet little child is asking...not for that bastard." Garp crossed his arms, Lue knew that because the snail showed the exact gesture. 

"We will see each other someday!" Lue smiled.

"Ugh...fine." Garp then frowned. He was anxious.

"Don't worry...I will be fine." 

"It's just...that I don't want you to be hurt." Garp said.

"Yeah, it's not like you tried to kill me with your training." Lue sighed.

"IT WAS FOR YOU TO BECOME A STRONG MARINE!" Garp shouted again.

"That doesn't mean you can throw a 3-year-old into the water!" The young man exclaimed with shark teeth.

"Haaa..." Garp clearly wasn't paying attention to him anymore. "Just be careful..." He said one last time.

"Thanks." Lue then hung up. He looked at the blue sky.

'Almost there.' He thought. 'Ace.'

"Is that?..." Someone was sitting with binoculars on the railing of a ship.

"What's what?" Another asked.

"Isn't that the Marine's Hero's son?" 

"What?!" The other grabbed his own spyglass. "It is!" He smirked.

"Oi! Gather the boys! We're getting ready!"

"It is still weird calling my gramps...dad. Even though he is my dad, he is my gramps too! Ahh, it's complicated!" Lue grabbed his head and fell on his back. He was still new to the two lives. It was only one year ago he got the complete consciousness of the events.

"But I am not Luffy...I am Luerion, my gramps child..." Lue had arms under his head. He was looking at the sky...so clear of clouds. His eyes then widened. He jolted up. After he standed something exploded behind him. 

"Wah!" He fell down. "M-My ship!" He exclaimed. The ship was on fire and was sinking. "No!" He tried to put the fire down. It's not like he was going to drown...he doesn't have any devil fruits...BUT HE HAVEN'T LEARNED HOW TO SWIM!

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here." A weird double chinned man said. 

"Ha?!" Lue turned to look at him. He was on a big pirate ship with a fox head in the front. "Wait..." Lue sweatdropped.

"PAHAHAHAHA!" The man laughed. "You will go down, Monkey D. Luerion!" A thick mark appeared on Lue's forehead. This pattern...

"Go down!" A kid's voice sounded. Lue perked up and he saw...someone familiar, maybe not so but he sure was younger.

"Split-head?!" Lue's jaw dropped.

"WHO'RE YOU CALLING SPLIT-HEAD?!" The kid now known as Split-head was actually a future captain of the Foxy Pirates...Foxy, but here he was only a 16 year old cabin boy, what a coincidence.

"You...stop getting in my way!" Lue exclaimed. He didn't have much time. He needs to get to the island immediately.

"Now, now..." The older man said.

"Boss..." Foxy murmured and backed off.

"Listen here. Garp's son's head will be mine!" He smiled evilly.

"Gh!" Lue clenched his teeth. He was already furious. "I said...DON'T GET IN MY WAY!" Lue exclaimed with a sudden burst of Conqueror's Haki knocking down all of the small fires, including Foxy and The Boss. They were all weak so the whole crew fell down. Lue almost forgot but his ship was sunk, he was standing on a broken piece. He lost his balance and he fell into the water. "GAH!" He couldn't swim...he soon lost his strength and he was sinking deep into the water. 

'NO!' he thought. 'I need to get there!' He then lost consciousness from the loss of oxygen.

He was lying on a beach. All wet from water. He then coughed up the water in his throat and lungs.

"*Cough*...where...am I?" He flickered his eyes. He then suddenly jumped up. "ACE!" He exclaimed. Lue looked around and saw...that the sun was already setting. His eyes widened and he quickly ran to the direction of Rouge's house. 

'Please...' He begged.

Lue found himself on a hill where a small house stood. He heard cries...

"ACE!" He bursted through the doors. The nurses and doctors all sweatdropped. 

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" A doctor asked. 

"I-I'm...Monkey D. Luerion." Lue's eyes were wide open. He was examining the room.

"Oh...I am s-sorry..." One nurse stuttered and some tears appeared in her eyes.

"F-For what?" Lue smiled nervously. Another woman closed the distance and bowed while handing Lue's something. He then walked closer...to the bed that was standing at the end of the room. He was holding the blanket with his hands. His eyes were shadowed. Lue stopped beside the bed. The nurses were crying, the doctor's head was down. Lue kneeled down.

"Oi." He said. "O-oi...Rouge..." He stuttered. He then grabbed the blanket lying on the woman's face. It revealed the cold and white face of a beautiful woman. Lue gasped and quickly let go of the blanket. He then fell down backwards, hand covering his mouth. He was choking on tears.

"No..." He whispered. "NO!" He shouted. The blanket he was holding...moved and it soon started to make noises. Lue glanced at it. A baby was in it. A freckled baby. The young man's mouth was trembling as well as his eyes. He then reached with his hand and he lifted the blanket covering half of the baby's face. It then started to cry. 

"A-Ace?" He whispered. The nurses and doctor were long gone. He was now alone with him. The baby made some whining noises. 

"No, don't cry...don't." Lue panicked. The baby then cried to the worries of the young man. 

"Shsh..." Lue tried to quiet it down but to no effect. 'Don't cry...' he thought. He bit his lip, he was ready to give everything to Ace, even his identity as his brother.

"D-Daddy's here...I am, you're not alone." Lue then closed the baby to his face and he caressed its cheek with his own...tears running down his eyes and falling down on the baby's face. Ace was hiccuping. The tears soon started to fall more and more as Lue was hugging the baby close to his face. 

"I'm here...I am sorry...don't cry..." Lue whispered, he was also saying it to him...Ace is here, alive. 

-----