Bonus Chapter - The One With The Soul

Some people wanted to know what Luffy's reaction was so I made one. I don't know if this is good or bad news but it will be the end of the bonus chapters. (let me take a little break)

-----

"AUGHHHH!" Luffy screamed and jolted up from his bed. His eyes were wide open and he was breathing heavily. "Ugh..." He hid in his hands, taking his knees to his chest. He looked at his arm, it was in bandages. Along with it his legs and torso. He was lying in a bed in some kind of infirmary, right? He stood up almost tripping, he trailed to the doors and opened them. He looked back and forth, holding his chest, where he was feeling pain. He winced when he walked barefoot through the cold corridor. The wall was helping him stand. He stopped and closed his eyes, he felt a sudden headache.

"Dad..." He whispered unconsciously when he stared blankly at the floor. He was too exhausted to move so he slid down the wall on the ground. Legs near his chest and head in his arms. He clenched his fists and trembled. He glanced at his palm, his eyes widened when looked around for his hat, standing up. His hat, his treasure and where the pedant was attached to. His heart beat fast and he was snapping his head back and forth. He felt a wave of pain and he grabbed his head, falling on the ground. He trembled, while his eyes were shut roughly. His dad...he was gone? No! He doesn't want it! He...

"Luffy." He heard a voice and opened his one eye, his vision was still blurry. He placed his palm on the cold floor and wanted to stand up.

"Who..." Luffy murmured. He got up, holding the wall and he stumbled over to the place where the person was just at. "Are you?" He walked into one of the rooms.

"Luffy. You look awful." The person smiled.

"Huh?" Luffy looked up and his eyes widened. He reached with his hand out. The person took it and caressed it with their other one.

"Your hat is here." The person showed Luffy the hanger where the hat was hanging on. Luffy quickly let go of the hand and grabbed the hat, inspecting it he found the pendant and he sighed, falling on his knees. "It really was important, huh?"

"Yes." Luffy kissed the pendant as he nodded. He looked up once again. "You're..."

"I'm you." The person said.

"How?" Luffy's eyes trembled. The person had raven hair and a really big scar on his chest. He wore a red vest and black shorts with puffs. He was clearly older than Luffy, he was maybe around his dad's age...Dad...DAD! "DAD!" Luffy exclaimed. "I need to find him!" He wanted to get up but his knees didn't manage to hold his weight and he fell on the floor again.

"Luffy." The person crouched near him. Luffy glanced at the face of the person. He had a scar...very similar to this of Luffy under his eye. Luffy's eyes filled with tears.

"Huh?" His voice cracked. The person placed his hand on Luffy's head. After that...his appearance changed. "Ugh..." Luffy narrowed his eyes seeing the person.

"I'm right here." Lue smiled.

"Dad..." Luffy's voice cracked and he cried into Lue's chest. He hugged his son back. "Agh! Dad! I heard you died!" Luffy grabbed Lue's collar, trembling.

"Luffy..." Lue sighed. He patted Luffy's head as his kid cried. After some sniffs.

"You're alive, right? They lied..." Luffy smiled but his smile disappeared shortly afterwards. Lue cupped his one cheek and frowned.

"No. I am dead." Lue closed his eyes and more tears appeared in Luffy's eyes. He clenched the pedant more.

"Whwy?" The snot running down his nose muffled his words. Lue placed Luffy's head on his broad shoulder.

"Because I wasn't supposed to be here." Lue patted Luffy's head.

"Why?..." Luffy sniffed and then cried.

"That's just what the world wanted." Lue looked at the front.

"How are you here?" Luffy turned to his dad's side of the head.

"That's..." Lue started and smiled. "That's because we're connected." He cupped Luffy's cheeks again. The latter's eyes widened.

"Connected?" Luffy repeated.

"Yes." Lue nodded and placed his forehead on Luffy's. "We are...the same." Lue closed his eyes. Luffy sat there for a while with Lue. "But..." Lue grabbed his attention again. "I have changed. And I don't want you to feel down. That's why...I won't show you anything." Lue caressed Luffy's hair on his forehead that was wet from his tears.

"Show me something?" Luffy asked.

"I could...but I don't want to." Lue tilted his head and smiled.

"Why?" Luffy asked.

"Because you deserve to be happy."

"If you're not there...I don't know..." Luffy narrowed his eyes.

"It's okay." Lue wiped his tears. "I'm glad you are all safe and alive." He kissed Luffy's forehead. The latter's eyes widened when he touched the space.

"Are you really going?" The young man closed to hug Lue again. The older man nodded as he embraced Luffy.

"Can't stay here any longer. I was able to meet you only, because we're connected." Lue explained.

"Heh...that's fine." Luffy smiled.

"I hope you'll be well with your brothers, son." Lue broke the hug and Luffy nodded.

"Thank you, dad." Luffy grinned.

"Everything for my little boys." Lue placed his hand on Luffy's head and then...he disappeared. Luffy stared in disbelief at the air. His eyes blinked repeatedly as he fainted.

"Luffy." He heard someone call him. "LUFFY!" He opened his eyes to see people up above him. He was in someone's arms. His vision was still blurry, but the people's features were known to him.

"Ace?" He mumbled, looking up at the face. There they were. His brothers. His grandpa and friends. He was lying on a cold metal floor and they probably found him. Luffy reached with his hand to Ace's face and the latter flinched, but Luffy only grabbed Ace's shoulder...his hand trembling. Luffy shut his eyes and his lip trembled as he bit it. "Hic...Ace..." Luffy's voice cracked and he cried. They all frowned and in Ace's eyes tears appeared, but he stayed strong for his baby brother.

"Sh...it's okay, Luffy. Everything's okay." Ace patted Luffy's head. Just like Lue did.

"Dad..." Luffy sniffed, nuzzling into Ace's chest.

"It's okay." Ace repeated, hugging Luffy's head closely. He gestured for Sabo to join them. The blonde trembled and tears fell down his eyes. He came closer and embraced the two raven-haired.

"Yep...we're here, Luffy." Sabo kissed Luffy's crown. The latter only trembled and hiccuped.

"We're here..." Ace repeated. They all mourned...and regretted it. But the time must go on...they may have regrets, but they wouldn't change anything...their dad wanted it, for them to be happy. They will. They will be. They must be, for him...for them and for the world.

-----