Chapter 18 - Certain Meetings

-----

On a snowy island. Ace, the rookie pirate, came to meet a certain red-headed person. He said to his crew to stay and he entered the cave.

"Hm?" A man with three scars felt his presence.

"Eghem...hello!" Ace smiled. Shanks took out his sword, but Ace waved saying he came to talk. "I wanted to thank you for...saving my little brother."

"Luffy?" Shanks asked and there was a party.

"Wait so you're Monkey D. Luerion's kid, that Ace I saw?!" Shanks remembered the time he met Lue in LogueTown.

"I think so?" Ace tilted his head to the side.

"Dahahaha!" Shanks laughed. "Good'ol Luerion! Oh, I remembered how you looked as a baby, now you have grown up, Dahahaha!" He had so much fun.

"Yeah, I would like you to not say some things..." Ace sweatdropped. He was kind of embarrassed.

"Oh, I didn't know Luffy was Lue's kid...how are they, huh?" Shanks took a sip of his booze.

"We have another brother actually, his name is Sabo!" Ace added. Shanks almost spit his drink.

"Woah...he has three kids..." Shanks said blankly.

"But...we're not blood related." Ace added as he took a bite of his meat.

"WHAT?!" The crew exclaimed.

"Hahahaha!" They didn't know...If he was talking about all of them, because if some of them are not blood related then who is? He clearly remembers Lue saying Ace is his...

After some sailing, Ace encountered the Whitebeard's crew.

"He's huge!" He commented as he saw him on the ship.

"Hm?" A certain bird-like person landed on the ground.

"What is it Marco?" The old man asked.

"Pops...I think I saw this guy once." Marco said as he narrowed his eyes.

"Is that so? He says he wants to beat me and become the strongest...I feel kind of familiar." Whitebeard caressed his chin.

"What did he say his family name was? Monkey D..." Marco said and suddenly his eyes widened.

"Garp's family?" Edward was curious now.

"Oi!" Marco came as Ace fought with some of the crewmembers.

"What?!" Ace exclaimed to the bird as he was blown away by some attack. Marco then came and took Ace by his collar with his claws.

"HAH?!" Ace then was transported to their deck.

"Kid. What is your name?" Whitebeard asked.

"I am...Monkey D. Ace!" he exclaimed.

"Your father...is it perhaps Luerion?" Marco changed his form to that of a human. Some of the old crewmembers anticipated the answer. But the one that was most curious was Marco, he was once the best friend of the latter. When they were children and Garp fought with Newgate, Marco would get to play with Lue. They were the same age as well. He kind of misses those moments.

"Yes! He is, what is that to ya!" Ace was wary.

"Really?!" Marco was all smiley like.

"Gurararara!" Whitebeard laughed.

"Huh?" Ace was confused. Later when they sat at the big table.

"What?! Dad was your friend once?!" Ace exclaimed as he ate his meat.