Chapter 27 - So Close

-----

And there he was. Down. The strongest man alive. Big clouds of air and dust around the giant man.

"Whitebeard, he is coming..." Marines trembled in fear. The man raised his spear and pointed it on the platform, smiling.

"Clear the way for Pops!" Some pirates exclaimed.

"Newgate-san..." Lue's eyes were wide open, but he was smiling. Luffy, Sabo and Ace were still far away. Will he be able to...go there fast?

"Do not let them get ahead, fire!" One in charge of the cannons exclaimed and they started firing it at the pirates. Cannonballs were flying in Whitebeard's direction but he used his devil fruit to fire them back at the cannons. Some came in Lue's, he lifted his hand and the ball stopped near his palm, falling down with an impact near Lue's feet. While the pirates ran the marines started to back off to the plaza of the Marineford.

"It's..." Lue murmured. He was running. He saw Jinbe, Iva, Sabo and Luffy at the front. A giant Vice Admiral was running and slashing some pirates, he went to attack Whitebeard. But he was stopped easily by the old man. He then grabbed the air and made it so the ground was turning. "Woah!" Lue almost tripped but he stopped his foot on the ground, stabilising himself. The earthquake made people fall onto the ground, Sengoku, Garp and Ace fell too. Luffy was running and he fell, his eyes widened as he saw the ocean break in half. Then the ice broke near him and he fell into the hole.

"Luffy!" Sabo grabbed his hand.

"Sabo! Thank you!" Luffy smiled as he was dragged to the surface.

Whitebeard jumped in the air punching the giant with his fist and breaking the air in the effect, causing a big shockwave. It broke the wall of the Marineford and it almost impacted the platform, but 2 of the admirals stopped it. Aokiji and Akainu. Kizaru was transported from the platform long ago. Luffy tried to grab the walls and get there with his gummy hands, but at the last moment a big metal wall appeared and blocked the entrance. But there was one last chance. Where Oars was lying...the wall couldn't raise and his blood caused its system to not work.

"What is this?" Lue was at the side. He tried to climb up on the wall but in the middle of his way he felt something weird. He looked to his left and saw Akainu walking up closer to the walls. His eyes widened and he understood. Quickly jumping at the top of the wall, he started running on top of it. "That bastard, he is doing it!" He clenched his teeth. Akainu then shot magma in the sky.

"Lava is being fired into the sky..." Luffy said.

"W-what is vhe doing?! They disappeared into the clouds..." Iva commented. Then...the magma fists were falling from the sky.

"What is happening?!"

"We won't let you get away. Melt the ice and take the ground away from them." Sengoku answered.

"AAAAHGG!" Lue screamed and they looked as he jumped from the walls and stopped in the middle, taking his hands into the sky. "I'LL BLOW THEM FUCKING AWAY!" He shouted. The shocked pirate's eyes widened as the first magma fist came and he punched it, firing it at the side where there was no one. The other one came in a blink of a second and he snapped his fingers at it, blowing a shockwave breaking the magma fist in half. He saved some lives of pirates as they opened their eyes, seeing themselves alive.

"Lue?!" Garp was shocked.

"DAD!" Ace exclaimed. Lue was running at the speed of sound breaking the fists that were endangering the lives of pirates and the surface of the ice.

"Luerion-boy!"

"Luerion-san..." Jinbe's eyes widened.

Some came at the same time and he coated his hands in haki and clapped them together, his shockwave destroying the fists. He then started to run in Whitebeard's direction. When one fist came near him, he punched the air, the shockwave destroying the other one. The fists were uncountable, but he blew half of them away from people and destroyed another half, saving lives.