Chapter 6 - Scarlet-headed

-----

"Ace?" Lue was sitting with the baby on the deck. He was sailing through the South Blue. Ace was lying in the blanket still wiggling.

"I wonder...can we go through the calm belt?" Lue murmured. He could go through it and he didn't need to go to the Reverse Mountain, but will it be safe? He remembered all of the warnings from his past and actual life. Lue shivered. Actually he has good haki control, but he doesn't have his devil fruit. All of his techniques are gone...

"Haa..." He sighed. He then looked up and saw it. The Red Line. "It is still so big!" He exclaimed, while looking at it and not seeing the end of the big line. "Hmm?" He narrowed his eyes. He saw something close to the entrance of the Reverse Mountain. A news bird. He suddenly realised that he hadn't seen one in such a long time.

"Oi!" He waved to the animal. It saw him and flew in his direction. The bird let go of one of the many newspapers it was carrying around. It then sat at the top of Lue's boat. The headline read:

Buster Call in Ohara, a place of mind - no survivors.

"What...?" Lue murmured. He remembered thanks to it, that such an incident occurred. He almost forgot. His crew... "Robin..." He murmured. But what should he do? He doesn't know her whereabouts. "West Blue, huh?" He read in the newspaper. "Must be hard for you..." He commented and closed his eyes. He glanced at the sleeping Ace in the blanket near him. He must come to East Blue...as fast as he can.

"WAAAA!" He was sliding down the Mountain. "It is fast!" Just as he remembered. The time when he, Usopp, Zoro, Sanji and Nami sailed on Merry here. Then his boat was thrown into the air and he landed with a loud slap on the water. He was holding Ace with his two hands. After that he breathed out the oxygen he was holding from the anxiety.

"We made it!" He exclaimed to the baby that laughed happily. He is finally home. "Knowing from the past experience it will take us about 1 week to get to our home, Ace!" Lue smiled at the baby. He was so excited to finally be home.

"Oh...but LogueTown is here..." He mumbled. Last time he was here was about 2 years ago, when he met with Roger. He glanced at Ace, who was so adorable and happy now. "You want to go there?" He asked. The baby stopped moving and it stared blankly at Lue. He then sweatdropped. "Okay..." He gave up. Lue decided to go to the town...he needs food anyway.

"Haaa...."

"You're drinking too much, boss." A man with dark hair, tied in a ponytail said.

"Stop complaining...Benn." A red-headed person answered.

"It has been almost 2 years..." Benn lit a cigarette. The other man was stirring the mug, with whiskey and ice cubes in it.

"Don't...tell me." The red-haired man will be known in the future as Red-Haired Shanks, a Yonkou. But here he was a 17-year-old rookie pirate. His crew?...not with him right now, besides Benn. They were sitting in some kind of bar, Shanks was griefing...remembering his old captain. He then placed the mug on the counter. "Let's go." He said and placed money on the table. Benn followed after him. After Shanks left the dark bar the light from the sun blinded him. He closed his eyes and groaned.

"Gosh, this sun!" He tsked.

"Haha!" Benn laughed. Shanks turned to look at him with a pount. He then stopped. His eyes widened.

"Oi who is that?" He pointed at the new person that was walking through the crowd. He looked familiar to Shanks. Benn walked closer to him. He was staring for a while then he turned to his captain.