Chapter 28 - The War Ends

-----

"Garp The Hero protects the platform!" The pirates then murmured something about him being really powerful.

"Don't be afraid, it's just a name, you idiots!" Whitebeard exclaimed. "He is just an old marine." Then Akainu attacked him again. Lue was at the side, near the wall.

"Luffy..." He murmured as he inspected the body of his son. He was...unable to fight anymore.

"Dad...Gramps will be fighting!" Sabo exclaimed looking at the platform.

"Yeah. Father will not give up." Lue narrowed his eyes, he straightened up. Ace placed his head on the metal part of the platform.

"We need to hurry and take Straw Hat-boy onto the ship!" Iva said to the people around. Lue was standing in front of them. Sabo beside his brother. Then...a hand came and grabbed Iva's leg. Lue looked back with his one eye.

"Iva-chan..." Luffy murmured.

"So vyou're still conscious?!"

"I have one last favour to ask you..."

"Luffy..." Sabo didn't know what to do. The young man was at the last strand.

"Damn! What the hell is wrong with me?! This is not the time to... I've only just found out about my true origins and Pops, my brother, my dad and my crew are losing and still..." His voice cracked.

""One last favour"?! Don't say such ominous things!" Iva answered.

"Yeah, Luffy! What are you talking about?!" Sabo exclaimed.

"Please...give me the..." Luffy breathed. Lue's eyes widened. He knew...what Luffy was about to say.

"I am so happy...my tears won't stop flowing...They still sacrifice so many things for me even though I've thrown it on myself!" Ace cried. Lue felt it, the emotions. He clenched his fists.

"Please...Iva-chan..." Luffy whispered.

"A-are vyou sure?" Iva didn't know.

"What are you guys talking about?!" Sabo asked. At the same time Whitebeard fell on his knees, Marco tried to help but he was stopped by a bullet coming into his body from a gun of a marine. Akainu then pierced a magma hand into Whitebeard's chest.

"Pops!" Ace had tears in his eyes.

"You want another dose of tension hormones?!"

"Huh?! Yours tension hormones, Iva-san?!" Sabo exclaimed with wide eyes.

"This is too reckless! This is beyond hope! vYou and vI fought all the way to Impel Down together, didn't vwe?! Your body was horribly poisoned and then snatched from the clutches of death...This is way beyond your limits!" Iva exclaimed. Sabo finally heard what had happened to Luffy in that prison. Lue had eyes shadowed and his arms were crossed.

"The tension hormones are only an emergency aid, if you continue to fool your body you will die after it's all over!" Iva warned.

"As long as I can do everything I am capable of, I am not afraid to die!" Luffy said.

"Luffy! What are you talking about!" Sabo shook his shoulders. "Do you want to leave us?!" He was mad at his younger brother.

"Gh..." Lue was all trembling. Iva turned to him, his eyes widening in horror. Sabo's own widened.

"D-dad..." He whispered.

"Take care of Luffy." Lue said and started to walk. Luffy's own eyes widened.

"DAD!" Luffy turned to him and his father stopped.

"I am not going to let any of you die. Never." Lue's voice was rough. Luffy's brows trembled.