Chapter 6: Birthday engagement

Barry’s POV

“What about this one, Dynasty?” I asked, pointing at the ring through the glass. “That one’s nice, but can you afford it?” Dynasty asked as she came over. I pulled out my wallet and counted my money “400” I said, I checked the price and smiled when I saw that I could just afford it. I looked at Dynasty then at the ring, the bright blue diamond, the exact copy of her eyes “Right, I’m gonna go buy it” I said and walked into the shop.

I walked into school with Dynasty and Kacey, the ring in my pocket bulging a little bit but someone seemed to notice it. “Kait’s here yet?” I asked, walking over to Scout and Rhiannon “Not yet, she said she was running late, seeing someone from when we lived in Rochdale” Scout said, I stared at her but nodded before pulling out my phone. Happy birthday, princess, I got a right big surprise for ya baby <3 I texted her before sitting down with Scout and Rhiannon while Dynasty went over to Imogen.

Kaitlin’s POV

“Kyle” I said as I walked toward the familiar boy, I’d recognise him a mile off, he turned around and smiled before pulling me into a hug. “So how’s my birthday baby?” He asked, wrapping his arms round my waist. “He’s great and I ain’t ya baby” I said and he pouted, I slapped him playfully and kissed him on the cheek. “So when’d you get out?” I asked, placing my hands on his arms. “Other week, went to see my mum first, she told me you’d all moved up here so I thought what the hell, let’s go see my girl” He said and pressed his lips against mine, I put my hands on his chest and pushed him back “What ya doin’?” I snapped at him, he just stared at me. “Wha-What do you mean?” He asked, I could tell he was confused but I wasn’t going to let him get the better of me, not again. “We broke up, Kyle, when you got arrested, Kyle, I agreed to see you cause I wasn’t going to hold a grudge” I said and backed away from him a little. “Y-You never broke up with me?” He asked, he didn’t do anything, just stared at me as if I was foreign. “I’d of thought the fact that you got arrested for trying to kill one of my best friends was enough” I snapped and walked away from him, starting towards school. I jumped when I felt my phone vibrate and pulled it, smiling when I saw Barry’s name and number but frowed my eyebrows when I read what he put I’m coming now, baby <3 I replied and walked to school, luckily I got there 5 minutes before form started.

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Kaitlin, happy birthday to you” Scout, Rhiannon, Kevin, Jade, Connor, Imogen, Dynasty, Kacey and Barry sang as I walked through the doors, I smiled and walked over sitting down on Barry’s lap. “Happy birthday baby” Barry said and pulled something out of his pocket. “What’s this?” I asked and opened the box up, my eyes widening when I saw the ring “Oh my god, Barry, it’s beautiful!” I gasped and he put it on my finger, “It’s a special ring” he said, looking at me. “I want you to marry me, Kaitlin” he said, I looked at him and thought for a moment before letting a huge smile spread across my face. “Of course I will, baby” I said and pushed my lips against his as the other’s cheered.

“Happy birthday, darling” My dad said as I walked into his office, he’d allowed me off form so I could go and see him, he pulled out a wrapped box and handed it to me as I sat down opposite him. I ripped off the paper and smiled at the IPod “Thank you, dad!” I exclaimed and hugged him tightly, “Alright, darling, you best go to class” Dad said, I smiled and nodded before heading towards the door “Ooh, Kaitlin” Dad said, suddenly, I turned to him and he nodded towards the corner where I saw a balloon swaying a little. I walked up to it and grabbed it before skipping out of the office, waving at Sonya as I went. Everyone said happy birthday to me as I skipped down the hall, I smiled as my fiery red hair blew around in my face but I didn’t mind, I was happy, it was my birthday, I was now engaged to my Barry and nothing and I meant nothing could ruin this mood, not even Kyle Stack.