Family is only skin deep: Chapter 7

AN: The dream will make sense by the end:)

I pulled my tights up onto my freshly shaved legs; I’d somehow managed to get a tan on my legs which confused me massively. I pulled my tights up and soon enough they split in two as I got them past my knees, I huffed in annoyance and pulled them off again slamming the two pieces into the bin before walking out my bedroom in my shirt and pants. “Maggie” I called out, no reply. “Maggie” I called again. No reply. I crept into her bedroom to see it empty, that’s when I realised…it was quiet. Way too quiet for this house. I walked into Rhiannon’s room to see it was empty as well, I looked into everyone’s room and they were all empty. Weird, it’s not that late is it? I thought to myself before descending down the stairs. I walked through the door of the kitchen and I was suddenly stood at the back of a church, I was confused. I looked down to see my shirt had suddenly disappeared and I was just wearing my bra and pants, I gasped and watched as everyone turned around to stare at me. I watched Barry as he stood up from his seat and walked into the aisle, I smiled a little thinking he would help me, maybe give me his jacket to cover me up…instead he pulled out his phone and start taking pictures as everyone laughed no one even trying to stop him. I was suddenly pulled back and was standing in the school hall, I was fully clothed and an almost masked figure was standing at the stage, I looked over to the other side and saw Tariq sitting in his wheel chair, I smiled and ran over to him discarding the man. I hugged my best friend and fell into his lap, relief flooding over me to see him again. I was soon pulled back off Tariq’s knee and saw the man stand behind the wheel chair, he tipped it up and pushed Tariq out of it. I opened my mouth and screamed a no but the man ignored this as he walked round and started to beat the living day lights out of Tariq until he slowly and probably painfully died. All of the people important to me flashed in front of my eyes, earning the same fate one after the other my dad, my sister, Dynasty, Rhiannon, Kacey, Harley, Lula, Kevin, Connor, even Imogen. The last three were what shocked me the most, Denzil was suddenly standing in front of me as the dying body of Imogen slowly disappeared. Denzil smiled and I let a pained expression come across my face knowing his fate “Remember I love you and always did. I’m so proud of you” Denzil said before the man this time stuck a knife through his back and stomach, Denzil slowly slid off the knife and to the floor. Next my brother appeared and he resulted in the same fate, he said the same thing as Denzil had said and slid off the knife slowly when it penetrated his delicate skin. I sat and stared as Barry appeared before me, it was different this time. The man was suddenly a whole lot taller than Barry and wrapped his arm around his neck, placing the probably cold knife against his neck. “Say you love him and mean it or he dies too” the man said, he had a gruff voice as if he’d smoked his whole life. I stared, I recognised that voice and I was straining myself to remember whose voice that I forgot about Barry. I stared at him again and opened my mouth, I kept moving it trying to say the three words but nothing came out, it felt as if my throat was burning up and I couldn’t say a word. I watched as a smirk appeared on the man’s face under his mask as he dragged the knife over Barry’s throat, I watched as the scarlet blood poured out and he fell to the floor. I didn’t even get time to scurry over to him as his body disappeared too quickly. I started mouthing the word no, still not able to get any words out. I only looked up when I heard the man cough and I watched as he pulled off his mask. Aiden.

I awoke panting, I had sweat practically pouring off my face and tears rolling down my cheek. I sat up and looked to the end of my bed to see Maggie sat there “I heard you shout again” she said and I nodded before pushing my covers back and going over to her, I smiled and she wrapped her arms around me in comfort as if she was my mother, which is what I saw her as. She ran her hand through my hair and kissed the top of my head before pulling away and putting her hands on my cheeks, wiping the tears away. “Come on then, get up Tariq’ll be here soon” she said and I nodded, I looked at the clock and saw it was actually half past 6 so I sprang out of bed and went into the bathroom.