Family is only skin deep: Chapter 14

Monday soon rolled around again and Christine was driving me, Connor and Imogen into school as usual, today we were talking about uni courses and applications “Have you heard anything from any uni’s you applied for, Kait?” Christine asked, I hadn’t really been paying attention to the conversation so she startled me a little but I turned around to her “Oh yeah I have an interview at an art uni in London on Saturday” I told her and she smiled and said it was “really great” then stopped talking and we drove the rest of the way in silence. Once we were out of the car I walked in with Connor and Imogen and went into the library to meet Dynasty and Kevin “If they don’t accept you at that uni then they’re mad” Imogen was saying as we walked over to Dyn and Kev “What’s this?” Kevin asked and I explained to him about getting an interview at an art uni, he smiled and hugged me tight, picking me up and spinning me around in congratulations “Yeah thanks Kev” I laughed and sat down at a computer to finish some coursework for art.

I was just about finished with my coursework when my phone vibrated on the desk, I picked it up and looked at the name “Is that I know who” Dynasty shouted to me and I glared at her from my seat before unlocking my iPhone and reading the text from Mr Reid or Hector as I should say, Sorry for being a dick the last week, can I take you out tonight? I found a restaurant in Glasgow that you’d probably like x it read, I read it again before closing off it and locking my phone. I finished the coursework and printed it out before signalling Dynasty to come with me out the library. Mr Reid was right, he had been a dick, he’d kissed me and given me his number then ignored me for a whole week. “What do I say back?” I asked Dyn once I’d told her about the text and everything, she just looked at me before telling me not to reply, to “play hard to get” as she put it. Once I’d taken my coursework to my teacher we met up with Imogen then went up to Christine’s office to give Sonya our forms for the camping trip.

With all that done we made our way to form – meeting Mr Reid on the way of course, although I just acted like I hadn’t seen him and carried on laughing with Imogen and Dynasty – “Fighting with your new boyfriend already Kait” Imogen laughed once we got into form, I looked at her before cracking a smile and punching her in the room “Ha ha” I said then explained again what had happened as I sat down beside Dynasty and Imogen next to Connor – careful not to mention Mr Reid’s name at all while he was around. The first bell soon went and I walked out of form going to my first lesson which was actually art so technically I hadn’t needed to take my coursework in when I did, not that it really mattered. “Guess what miss” I exclaimed when I walked in, she spun round on her computer chair and asked what “I got an interview at an art university in London!” I said excitedly, she jumped up from her chair and cheered before hugging me and congratulating me. The lesson didn’t go too slow but it didn’t go too fast either but the bell soon went and I walked out the classroom going over to where Dynasty, Imogen, Kevin and Connor were stood. I only heard the last bit of what Dynasty said to Kevin so I stopped and listened as she explained to me what Gabriella had done this time “My mum’s working in the kitchen to pay for the camping trip and Gobby was takin’ the piss about it” she told me and I just nodded. I couldn’t be bothered to get into a massive discussion about it so I didn’t answer it or give her any sort of sentence.

“Hang on, wait a minute. London?! You went for an interview yesterday?!” I exclaimed to Connor when Imogen said about it, he looked at her in a sort of annoyance before turning back to me and nodding “Oh Conn that’s great!” I said and hugged him tight, telling him well done about 5 million times. Him and Kevin laughed before I stood there awkwardly while Kevin and Dynasty kissed and Connor and Imogen kissed when the bell went, “Don’t do any sort of PDA in front of me next time” I said to them both before we walked down the corridor, arms linked and going towards the PE changing rooms. “PE’s gonna be your favourite lesson now isn’t it” Imogen said to me as we walked through the door, she winked at me and I punched her arm while laughing before dumping my bag on the floor and sitting on the bench. “What?” I heard someone say and looked up to see Gabriella staring down at me, I looked at Dynasty then Imogen before unbuttoning my shirt and pulling it off and ignoring the snobs comment. “If I were you I wouldn’t even think about going for Mr Reid, he’s way out of your league. Not chavvy enough, won’t want to get you pregnant like your last boyfriends did” she sneered at me, I wasn’t listening to her as I got changed and talked to Dynasty and Imogen about what we were doing for my 18th birthday this year “I bet the only thing your kid got from you is your looks. The ugly ones I mean” she said and within a second I had her by the collar and pressed against the wall with her feet off the ground a little “You say one more thing about my daughter and I will NOT hesitate to sit you on the floor and pull every single strand of hair out of your head one by one” I whispered to her, I put her down on the ground again but pushed her back hard on the wall before walking out with Imogen and Dynasty.

We walked out of the school building out to where Mr Reid was waiting, I didn’t smile at him, I didn’t even look at him I was walking backwards with my back to him as I carried on my conversation with Dynasty and Imogen like he wasn’t even there. Everyone was eventually outside and he told us to get into pairs, agreeing to let me, Dynasty and Imogen go in a three before he told us what we were going to be doing, he told Gabriella and Rhiannon to go first and I watched the blonde, stuck up bitch closely. She ran for about 2 seconds before obviously faking an injury, unfortunately I didn’t get to see how he reacted etc. as he told me, Dynasty and Imogen to go. We ran forwards and managed to climb over the wall thing that was set up in about 10 seconds flat before everyone else had to try and climb it. “Kaitlin can I have a word” Mr Reid said as we were all going to the changing rooms, I looked at Dynasty and Imogen “You just had 6” I replied and walked back into the school building with my friends, we quickly got dressed then went to the canteen to get some food to eat.

I grabbed something small then walked out the canteen, I walked out the school gates and put my earphones in as I walked along the pavement and up the steps to the top of the cliff near the school. I was walking along the path when I spotted Connor sitting on the edge, I tucked my art book tighter under my arm before walking over to him taking out one earphone. “Alright honorary big brother by 2 months, what you doing up here?” I asked and sat down beside him, he looked at me and laughed a little. “I got the job” he told me and I smiled at him “That’s good isn’t it?” I asked him and he just looked at his hands entwined in his lap “Mum doesn’t think so, she thinks it’s a waste of time and that I should just stay in school and do my exams and do some shitty hospitality management course at uni” he told me, he picked up a flat stone and threw it in the sea, skimming it over the top. “Conn, let’s be honest here if I did half the stuff people told me to do then I’d probably be in prison right now for murder” I told him and I heard him smirk beside me but I didn’t look, I kept my eyes out on the sea Connor it’s your life, you’re 18 years old and you can do what you want. Follow your fucking dreams, be a chef, be a bloody toilet cleaner as long as it makes you happy” I told him and I looked at him then and he looked at me and he smiled, it was almost like we actually were brother and sister like I could tell him my whole life story and he wouldn’t even dream of judging me. “You’re right” he said and smiled even wider “I know” I replied and bumped my shoulder against his as he laughed lightly.

Connor eventually got up to leave, he held out his hand for me to take but I asked him to cover for me since I couldn’t be bothered to sit through a first aid talk for the last 2 hours of my day, he nodded and hugged me in thanks before walking back down the path to the bottom of the cliff. I pulled out my phone and texted Mr Reid Yes. I’ll meet you at school gates at 6 x I texted him then put my art book on the grass and pulled out my pencil case. I sighed before starting to draw the beautiful view before me. My phone went off once while I was up there but being at the top of a cliff on my own got me thinking, I didn’t actually want a relationship with Mr Reid, I was still cut up about Barry, I just wanted the adrenaline rush of being in a student/teacher relationship, I wanted to experience the secrecy, the dangerousness of it. That’s all I wanted.

I eventually got up from the grass and walked down the path from the cliff, I walked along the pavement and let myself back into the house. “Where have you been?!” Christine shouted to me from the living room, I bit my lip slightly “I went to see Ashleigh” I lied and she didn’t say anything else as I ran up the stairs, I quickly had a shower before throwing on a black dress and cardigan, I dried and straightened my hair, did my make-up and shoved my converse onto my feet, I grabbed a bag (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=110672854) then rushed downstairs lying to Christine again saying I was going out with Ashleigh’s mum to dinner. I said good bye and walked out the house looking the door after me, I walked along the pavement and eventually got to the school gates where Hector was waiting for me, for once he was in a car. I climbed in the passenger side and smiled at him, I quickly kissed him before he drove off like we did this often. We’d been driving for about half an hour when we finally came to a small restaurant in the middle of Glasgow, it was so perfect and romantic I just forgot about the fact that I only wanted to be with Hector for the excitement, I forgot about Barry, about the danger of me and my PE teacher being here and just enjoyed myself. When we were finished at the restaurant, I got back into his car and went back to his house where I phone Christine saying I was staying with a friend for the night and would see her in the morning.

Sorry about late update, I got busy with school ew but IT'S MY BIRTHDAY ON WEDNESDAY WOO so getting loads and loads of comment's off you guys saying what you like/dislike and what you want to see happen in the fanfiction etc. would be great!! thanks so much for reading, love ya all