Chapter 10: The school house

It felt weird staying in the school house; I was used to my own double bed in my own room with all my posters on the wall. In the school house I had a single bed, boring walls and just a wardrobe for my clothes, since I was only spending 2 weeks in the place we hadn’t bothered moving my stuff into it. “Kaitlin! Wake up, someone’s here to see you!” I heard Maggie banging on the door, I groaned and sat up in bed “Who is it?” I shouted, I quickly pulled my hair back into a bun on the top of my head waiting for Maggie to reply “It’s Barry, love” she said, my eyes widened and I quickly jumped out of bed “Right one second” I said and ran into the ensuite bathroom to the bedroom-I was lucky enough to get the one bedroom with an ensuite-I grabbed my toothbrush and quickly brushed my teeth and splashed some water over my face before running down the stairs in an oversized shirt and sleep shorts. “Alright babe” Barry said and picked me up; I just grabbed his hand and pulled him up the stairs into my room. “So what’re we doing today?” I asked, straddling Barry’s lap “Well we’ll be going nowhere unless you get dressed” Barry said and quickly kissed my lips, “Oh why can’t I just stay in my pyjamas and we have a lazy day?” I asked, pouting my bottom lip out, Barry laughed then pushed his lips against mine, slipping his hands up my shirt. He pulled me back onto the bed and he rolled us over so he was on top, we carried on kissing together not going much further when there was a bang from down stairs and I jumped up “What the fuck was that?” I said, I looked at Barry before opening the door and going down the stairs “What’s going on? Did Rhiannon fall off her chair or something?” I said going into the kitchen, I looked at the ground and burst into fights of laughter as I saw Rhiannon laying on the ground covered in the breakfast food “Oi, Barry come ‘n’ ‘ave a look at this” I shouted up the stairs and heard Barry’s footsteps running down the stairs, I felt his hands on my waist and heard him burst into laughter. We stood there for about a second before Maggie came rushing in “What the hell happened?!” she shouted, she then spotted me and Barry laughing our heads off “Oi, you two bugger off laughing” Maggie said and helped Rhiannon up from the ground, me and Barry just watched and laughed before we ran back upstairs, I jumped in the shower then pulled on some shorts and a crop top before doing my hair and make-up. “Come on then” Barry said and held out his hand for me to take.

We spent the whole day together, we went shopping, we went to the cinema and Barry even took me out for dinner “Hey, my mum’s not home for this week ya know, you can sleep round tonight if you wanna?” Barry asked on the bus ride home, I smiled at looked at him before nodding my head excitedly, I’d never actually slept round at Barry’s house without Mrs Barry being there so it would be a new experience but a nice one. When we got off the bus, we walked back to the school house and went straight to see Maggie “What’s up guys?” She asked as we approached her, I looked at Barry then at Maggie “Is it okay if I stop round at Barry’s tonight?” I asked, fluttering my eyelids and giving her a cutesy look. Maggie sighed and thought for a moment before she sighed “Go on then” I thanked her quickly before dragging Barry upstairs and threw some clothes in a bag before running back downstairs and out the door with Barry.

That whole night me, Barry, Dynasty and Kacey spent watching movies, eating take away pizza and ice cream and just having a generally great time, it was as if the whole thing with Kacey had just been forgotten about for now. We stayed up till about 2 in the morning but eventually I fell asleep in Barry’s bed, in Barry’s arms in Barry’s shirt and jacket, it was just completely perfect. When I woke up that morning, I almost forgot where I was for a second but then my eyes adjusted and I smiled realising I was still in Barry’s room but couldn’t feel his warmth around me anymore. I got out the bed and quickly pulled my hair up in a ponytail before going downstairs in some pants and Barry’s shirt and a jacket. I walked into the living and was met by the sweet smell of cooking bacon and the sight of SpongeBob SquarePants on the TV, I laughed a little and walked into the kitchen “Morning baby” Barry said and I walked over to him, allowing him to wrap his arms round me while he finished the bacon and put it in some bread for me. I smiled and started eating it quickly “So what’re you doing today?” Barry asked, I thought for a second and looked outside seeing that it was quite sunny “Dynasty!” I shouted and she came rushing into the kitchen “Yeah?” She asked, getting herself a bacon sandwich “D’you wanna go into town today?” I asked and she thought for a moment before nodding “Yeah sure”

Me and Dynasty spent the whole day in town, dad had left me some money and I spent about 200 pounds on clothes and make up and CDs and loads of other stuff. We were browsing round boots when I saw it “Oh my god” I said and ran down the aisle “What?” Dynasty asked, running after me “What’d you want hair dye for?” She added laughing a little. I picked up the colour I’d seen and practically hugged it to my chest. It was the exact shade of brunette that I’d been looking for for ages, after a little while of looking round even more I ended up buying the hair dye, some hair spray and shampoo and conditioner. “Aren’t you hot in that shirt?” the cashier asked me, I looked down at my long sleeved shirt but just shrugged before paying the woman. Me and Dynasty rushed back to her house as quick as we could “What’re you two doing?” Barry asked when we rushed inside the door; we shook our heads and shut the living room door before running up the stairs with all the bags.

“You ready to see the new and improved Kaitlin?!” I heard Dynasty shout from the living room, I smiled and skipped down the stairs and into the living room. Barry just sort of stared at me for a second “Oh wow, you look amazing!” Barry said before he picked me up and spun me round. I smiled before pulling out my phone, I pulled a funny face and took a picture showing my hair gone all naturel I put in the text before sending it to my dad. I looked round when I heard Barry’s phone go off “Aw fuck, she gotta go, Kait, mum’s coming home early!” Barry said once he’d read the text, I nodded and Dynasty helped me upstairs to get my bags “I’ll walk round to your house with ya if you wanna?” Dynasty said, I nodded and grabbed as many bags as she could “I’ll come!” Kacey piped up and grabbed some more bags before we walked out the door and to my house.

For the next week and a half, I spent most of my days with either Jack or Connor and Imogen or Kevin or Liberty since I couldn’t spend any time at the Barry house it was kind of weird not to see Barry. “DAD” I almost screamed when he walked into the living room of the school house, I smiled and hugged him as tight as I could “Oh, I missed you Kait!” dad said and hugged me back just as tight, we quickly got all my stuff together then dad took me out for dinner before we watched as many movies as we could before I had to go to bed before school.

Sorry that this isn't a very long chapter, I didn't really know how to write out the easter holidays but ya know Comment/Vote/Fan and 8+ votes for next chapter