Family is only skin deep: Chapter 11

The last day of term. One of the best days of the whole school year and today would be even better, I was going down to stay with my dad for the whole half term and was going into a studio to record my third EP. I still couldn’t get over what had happened on Saturday night, it was Wednesday now and nobody had shut up about it since I appeared in school on Monday. It’s an incredible feeling. As good as this day was, it was also bad in some aspects as Tariq was leaving and going back down to London since him and his team had been accepted into the Paralympics of 2016 and apparently they needed to start practising right now. Today was also Kacey’s last day, I knew I’d be sad to see her go but words can’t even describe how proud of her I am, I smiled when I looked at my large photo collage on my wall as I looked at a picture of me and Kacey then a picture of me, Kacey, Dynasty, Kevin, Harley, Lula and Barry. Barry. We’d started talking again and he knew about what Aiden had been doing to me, I opened up to him about Aiden being an abusive pig and he said he’d help me leave him. I quickly got dressed into my skinny jeans and shirt; I tied my hair up into a bun on the top of my head and put on my make up before rushing downstairs in my black converse. I helped Maggie with breakfast then went to wake everyone up, I’d pretty much turned into Maggie’s little helper and I loved it. I loved being able to help her as much as I could and I knew she appreciated it as much as she’d probably say otherwise.

When I’d finished my breakfast I walked out the house to see Tariq sitting in his chair at the top of the drive, I smiled and ran over to him before we headed to school, it had become a daily thing now me and Tariq walking to school together like we had before when he went there himself and I knew it was going to be weird again when he left, I’d gotten so used to him being there again. When we got to the gates Barry, Dynasty, Kacey and Mrs Barry were standing there, I said bye to Tariq then went over to them “Alright?” I asked Kacey and hugged her, she smiled and hugged me back before pulling away and allowing me to hug Barry which I did. “Hey Kaitlin, what time to do you leave tonight?” Carol asked as I was about to walk away with Barry, I spun round and smiled at her before answering “My trains at 8” she nodded before inviting me round for tea which I accepted immediately. Mrs Barry smiled before turning around and walking at the gate, I slipped my arm through Barry’s and we walked up the drive and up the steps into school together. As we were walking through the corridor I saw Lisa bullying the new boy, Stevie. I looked at Barry and sighed before going over to them “Leave him alone” I snapped at them and watched as Stevie practically ran off down the steps and corridor. “What ya gonna do, Byrne?” Shaznay said to me and I watched her purse her lips as she saw Barry come over and stand behind me. “How’s about you leave bullying the vulnerable kids and how about you try it on someone your own size. Like me. I’d love to see you try” I said, I whispered the last part closely to Lisa and Shaznay before walking away closely followed by Barry. I walked with Barry into form and sat down beside him as Mr Lowsley came in, we all cheered as he walked in which he seemed confused about “What’s this?” he asked as he sat down at his desk, me and Dynasty looked at each and smirked. “Well you’re getting married tomorrow sir” I said and me and Dynasty stood up, we went to the back of the classroom and picked up a bag each. We walked over to Mr Lowsley’s desk and put the two bags on top of his desk “They’re from all of us sir” Dynasty said and we watched as Mr Lowsley stood up from chair and peered into the bag, he laughed as he pulled out two expensive bottles of wine. “Well thank you everyone” he said and put the bottles back in the bags and the bags on the floor behind his desk. When the bell went for the end of form I walked out with Barry again and went with him to first period which was Science, I sat with Barry and watched as Kevin filmed Dynasty doing a message for Kacey “Oh kill me now” Barry groaned when Dynasty blew a kiss to Kevin, I hit him lightly then looked up as Kevin approached me “You wanna film a message?” he asked me and I smiled, nodding before looking over at the door “I’ll do it at break” I told him and he nodded, sitting down at the next table. “Seats, now, please. What’s going on?” Miss Spark said as she walked in, I leant back and put my legs out across Barry’s as Miss Spark put down her things and tried to get herself ready. “We’re recording messages to show Kacey” Dynasty told our Science teacher, I wasn’t really listening all too much at this point so I missed Dynasty giving Miss her wedding present “That’s from me as well Miss” I called out when I realised it had been handed over, Miss Spark smiled at me before she got out some sheets for us to do and explained what we had to do. I must admit though, Miss Spark certainly had come a long way since the start of term; she wasn’t as shit a teacher nowadays.