Chapter 17: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Lucy in the sky with diamonds, Lucy in the sky with diamonds, Lucy in the sky with diamonds Follow her down to a bridge by a fountain where rocking horse people eat marshmallow pies. Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers that grow so incredibly high I smiled as my Beatles cd was blasted through my room, it was Sunday night before school and I was spending it putting up more posters round my room. As soon as I’d done, I smiled and looked at all the Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens, All Time Low, Fall out Boy, Bring Me the Horizon etc. etc. poster’s before I pulled on my Of Mice & Men oversize t-shirt and went down stairs into the living room where my dad and Christine were. “Where’s Connor?” I asked, looking from Christine to dad, they both looked at me and just shrugged so I slipped my feet in my pumps and went outside where I saw Connor walking across the road with Imogen, “Heya” I shouted and walked to the end of the path, “Hey” Imogen said and we hugged before turning to Connor and kissing him. “Come on Connor boy, my dad and Christine are watching a movie downstairs so I thought we could watch one in my room?” I suggested as we walked up the path, Connor nodded and we ran up the stairs and into my room before sticking on Mama as I went down to get some popcorn and we spent the evening watching that.

When I finally woke up from my sleep, I looked at the clock and saw it was already quarter to 8 “Shit!” I shouted and jumped out of bed “Why did nobody wake me?!” I shouted down then jumped in the bathroom and started brushing my teeth, just as I was about to get in the shower I heard my dad shout up to me “See ya, Kaitlin” he shouted and I just shouted bye back, not even bothering to ask where he was going as I jumped in the shower. As soon as I’d done, I quickly dried my hair and straightened it then did my make-up and pulled on my black skinny jeans and the rest of my uniform. I ran down stairs and grabbed a slice of toast “How’re you getting to school?” Christine asked as I shoved my arms through my blazer, I just pointed out the window and Christine nodded when she saw Barry. I grabbed my bag and rushed out the door greeting Barry with a quick hug before jumping in the car.

Once we’d parked up in the school car park, Barry got out and threw the keys to me before running off after Dynasty, I sighed and opened the car door as Jack came into the gates “Jack” I shouted and he came running over “What’s up?” he asked leaning against the car “Nothing just wanted to see ya since Barry’s gone off with Dyn” I said and climbed out the car before locking it and shoving the keys in my pocket. Jack held out his arm and I linked with him as we walked up the steps and into the school, settling down on a chair with Imogen and Connor. We’d been sat talking for about 10 minutes when I saw the teachers walking out the staff room “What’s going on?” I asked, pointing to them all. We got up and heard them say about walking out “How long ya striking for, sir?” Jack shouted to Mr Clarkson “AS long as it takes!” Mr Clarkson shouted back, “Yes! No teachers. We rule the school!” Jack shouted and ran back before jumping on a seat causing all of us to cheer. I ran over to Jack and laughed as he jumped on my back and we started running off, cheering as we went at the fact that the teachers were on strike. “Oi! Stop that!” I heard someone shout and spun round to see Lorraine and Nikki “Nah you’re alright, Lorraine, no teachers. We can do what we want” I shouted and dropped Jack on his feet as we ran off past the two teachers.

When the bell actually went, I went with Jack to where we were supposed to be and just sat on the desk, talking to Jack and Rhiannon. We’d actually become friends, me and Rhiannon, I don’t know how but we had. “Give us the magazine” I said and held out my hand, Rhiannon passed over what she was reading and watched me as I flicked through it before stopping on a page “You should get that dress, Rhiannon, it’d look nice on you” I said pointing to a flowery maxi dress, Rhiannon smiled and nodded “Aw yeah that’s actually really nice” she said and we sat forwards so we could look through the magazine together as music was playing behind us. “Aw put some decent music on for god sake” I said, I jumped down from the table and walked over to the docking station that was on, I pulled out the iPod that was in and put my own iPhone in. I quickly selected an Ellie Goulding song and went back to Rhiannon and Jack. Me and Rhiannon looked up when we heard the door open and looked at each other when Maggie walked in “Alright miss?” Rhiannon asked, putting the magazine down “You lost or summit?” I asked, hearing Jack laugh beside me. “Have you’s not got a teacher?” she said loudly, over the music “They’re all on strike, miss” Jack said,  Maggie bent down and stopped the music before turning back to us as we stopped talking “Yes, I know that, but didn’t they get someone to cover the class?” she asked, looking round at us all. We all just shook our heads before she continued “Have you not got something you could be getting on with? Reading maybe?” “Nah miss, we’ve read everything” Rhiannon said and she looked over at the pile of Hamlet books on the desk then back to Maggie who walked over and picked up the top book. “How about we all take turns reading this?” “What for?” “Well this is an English class and reading books is part of English” “Yeah, but you’re not an English teacher” “Yeah, but I can read, Jack” Maggie said, I looked at Jack and laughed “Ha. Burn” I said and everyone else including Maggie laughed as Jack went quiet. “But you can’t take us for a subject you know nothing about” Jack suddenly piped up again and I just rolled my eyes, getting bored now, I jumped off the desk and grabbed my phone as they carried on debating. “Alright then, get ya things, line up at the door” Maggie said, I groaned and went back, I grabbed my bag and pulled Jack up from his seat, throwing his bag at him as well.