Chapter 16: Steve-O arrested

“Connor? What the bloody hell is that noise outside?!” I all but shouted, I walked out my bedroom in a vest top and shorts and my hair tied back as Connor walked out his own room, he ignored me and went straight to the bathroom so I sighed and rushed down the stairs. “Steve-O, what’re ya doing here? My dad’ll call the police if he sees ya round ‘ere” I said, walking down the path to Barry’s car “Well then, don’t mention it to ya dad” Steve-O hissed at me “Now fuck off like the good little girl I know you are” he said, I glared at him and was about to say something when I heard the front door open and sighed when Connor walked over in his uniform “You’re not going with him are you, Con?” I asked as he walked past me “Have to” was all he said before he got in the car and stumbled back a little as the car revved up and drove away. I gasped a little then pursed my lips and turned around going back into the house, it was still quite early but I went into the bathroom anyway and started running the shower. My dad had already gone into school to help Liberty with some university interview so by the time I was out the shower, Christine was awake “You seen Connor?” she asked as I walked out with my towel wrapped around my body, I knew not to mention him going with Steve-O so I just looked at her for a second “Oh erm he went early with erm Kevin, something about getting extra work done or something” I lied and walked quickly to my room to get ready. I pulled on my bra and pants then started pulling up my tights before pulling my new white shirt over my scarred and cut arm before buttoning that up and putting the rest of my uniform on. I couldn’t be bothered with my hair so I just scraped it back and put it into a bun on the top of my head before walking out with my bag, I also couldn’t be bothered with doing make up so I just went downstairs and poured myself some cereal, waiting for Christine.

Once me and Christine had gotten into school, I jumped out as soon as we’d parked and went over to where Barry was stood watching Dynasty and Steve-O “Wish she weren’t with him again, he were round my house this morning, Connor went somewhere with him” I whispered to Barry as he put his arm round me “Really? I dunno why…” Barry muttered before walked into school together, I smiled when I saw Liberty and ran over to her hugging her tight “Good luck today, babe” I said and she hugged me back just as tight “Thanks” she said and we pulled apart, said bye and I watched her a second before going back to Barry. “I think there’s something wrong with Dyn” Barry said as we walked through the school, I looked up at him my eyebrow frowing a little “What’d ya mean?” I asked, confusion and concern on my words “Well she’s been dead off the last few days and she ain’t been looking happy at all, I think something’s happened between her and Steve-O” Barry said, I thought for a second “I’ll talk to her” I said and kissed Barry quick as the bell went and I walked into my form room.

“Jack McAllister” Mr Clarkson shouted out, reading down the register “Jack? Where is he, Kaitlin?” Mr Clarkson sighed turning to me “On some protest thing with Lulu, Kacey and Harley” I said as I carried on with the work I was doing “Right. Whatever” he said and carried on with the register. At the end of form, I watch Dynasty carefully then waited for her outside “Dyn” I shouted as she walked away, I ran down the corridor to her and she smiled a little “Look, Dyn, I’m really sorry about everything” I said as we stopped to talk, Dynasty looked at me “No, Kaitlin, you have nothing to be sorry for! It’s me that should be sorry, I should have been there for you when you needed me and I’M sorry” she said then pulled me into a hug. I smiled and hugged her back tight before we walked to our first lesson. Double English. Once we walked through Miss Mulgrew’s door, I shoved my bag under the desk and sat down next to Dynasty, “I’m glad that we’re friends again” Dynasty said and hugged my arm as Christine came inside and started handing out the Hamlet books. English seemed to drag on and was going way too slowly so when the bell actually went for the start of break I smiled and quickly packed my things away, I walked out with Dynasty but then noticed Kevin and just sort of left them to it and walked away to find Barry. “Did you talk to her?” Barry asked when he saw me coming, I just shook my head and let him wrap his arms round me “I was gonna now but Kevin came so I just sort of left them” I said, I felt him nod then kiss my head. “You two made up then I’m guessing?” He asked, I just sighed and nodded against his chest. “Hey, what’s up? You’re starting to worry me now” Barry said, he pulled away and pulled my chin up to look at him “Nothing, just tired” I said and kissed his lips before entwining my fingers in his and walking away. At the end of break, I went with Barry to my next lesson then quickly kissed him again as I joined Jack and Connor in the line outside our Science classroom “Hey erm Kaitlin, I need to ask you something” Connor said once Barry was out of earshot “What have you broken now?” I asked, causing Jack to smirk “Could you ask Barry to meet me in the PE office after this lesson?” he asked, I stared at him for a second then looked at Jack who just shrugged “Erm yeah sure” I said then walked into the classroom.