Snape is snappy

"Black, Harley! "
A thin girl climbed up. He hands were clenched. She sat down. The hat was placed.

"Slytherin "
The slytherins cheered. The girl's eyes widened. But she didn't show any signs of being upset.
There were boos from the griffindor table. She didn't look upset at that either but her mouth thinned ever so slightly.

The hat was taken off and her straight black hair was ruffled. She elegantly stepped down and walked to the slytherin table running her fingers through her hair. It was as if she got more poised just by being placed in slytherin. She looked as carefree as the wind when took a seat at the table . And she gave a lazy sideward smile as people congratulated her.

The smile reminded Snape of Potter. What exactly was this brat doing? Anyone who knew Potter would know that this brat was his.
But she looked enough like Black to pass of as his bastard child if that's what she was trying to.

He wondered why no one had told him about this scrap of a child. As far as he knew the Potters had one child, a boy. A boy who, he was sure, would prove to be trouble.

And another one to add to that? This was going to be double trouble. He knew from experience that twins are always troublesome. The weasleys would prove that. And twin children of potter? That was his night mares come true.
Apparently there is another Weasley this year. He did not sign up for this.

As if he didn't have enough on his hands as it is. The Malfoy child , An additional Weasley, and twin Potters. He wasn't paid nearly enough to deal with all this. He had to have a few words with Dumbledore.

Yes he definitely deserved a pay raise.

************

Snape opened the door to a knock. When he saw what was standing outside, he wished he hadn't. Lately all decisions he makes seems to be wrong.

"What is it, Potter? "
"I'm Black ,sir. Harley Black. "

"I could not Care any less what you call yourself. Do you not know that you should be in your dormitory? Or are you going to follow your fathers path and break rules from day one? "

"I apologize sir. I came to see you. "

Why? What did he do to deserve this fate? He certainly did not have neither the energy nor the patience to console a homesick Potter .

"come in"
The child did not.
"I just wanted to apologize for how they treated you "

What did she mean? How much of it did she know? And how does she know? He absolutely did not want any of his students to know of his past.

"What do you mean? "
"James- my father - and Si- his friends were assh- horrible people to you and many others. "

"Do you honestly think that you can ride my coat tails with just an apology? "
Her eyes flashed. And for a moment she looked like Lily. Now that he takes a closer look she is a bit like Evans. Potter definitely wouldn't have apologized like that. Not to him of all people. Neither would Black.

"I wasn't thinking anything. I came to apologize. Whether you forgive me or not is your decision. I just had to "

"You had to? Do you know what they did? "

Snape raised his voice and the girl flinched. She shakes her head no. He felt like he could finally breathe properly. She did not know. He continued

"what makes you think you could make anything right? "

The child takes a breath and straightens. She looks him right in the eye. Her look was steel. She looked like Lily.

"I know it wasn't me who wronged you. But dead men can't apologize , can they ,professor? Maybe I can't make anything right but at least I could try to make it better right? "

Snape was rendered speech less for a moment.
"Go back to your dormitory. Slytherin can't loose any points because of some potter brat who refuse to follow rules! "

He slams the door shut on her face. But he still hears a muffled voice

"Good night sir and my name is Harley Black !"

Snape covers his face with his palm (literally: he facepalmed)
What is he supposed to do with this one? He could handle another potter but a mixture of Potter and Evans so even that he was enraged but couldn't stay mad at was more than he could handle.

Snape wondered if it was too late to resign