Bonus chapter : Christmas morn & Behind the scenes of Yule Ball

Harley had never received so many presents before. Harry had sent her chocolates, Pansy a signed first edition of Agatha Christie's murder on clouds, Anabiel had given her an enormous book on potions -which was much appreciated despite her owning the book of everything and anything.

Then there was Sirius's gift. He had just sent her a photo.
A photo of him wearing a Christmas hat, pretending to read a book upside down with a very serious expression .There were piles of books on either side of him. And a silvery snake was draped around his shoulder.
Harley recognized the snake as the one she saw at the pet shop in Diagon alley. And the books as the ones from the list she'd given him.

The place must have been the new apartment he'd gotten. He had told her about it ,but she hadn't seen it yet.

There was a letter -more like piece of scrap parchment paper -attached to the back of the picture. There was only two sentences on it
"Your gifts are held hostage until your return. I am Sirius "

Harley laughed and taped the picture on to the wall before proceeding to open the other gifts. She had opened all those she had expected. But there was still a few more.

One was from Blaise. It was a beautiful jewelry box engraved with pictures of birds which sang if she touched them. She felt bad for not getting him anything. And for ignoring his feelings.

Crabbe had got her Hiccup sweets, and Goyale had got her pepper imps, neither of which Harley didn't know what to do with.

Then there was a present from Draco. She had sent him a white ferret plushie, finally giving in to Pansy's request but why would he sent her anything?
Harley opened the gift wrapped in silver, expecting some kind of prank. But it only had an ornate handheld mirror with a note saying
' to prettiest girl in any room, from the handsomest boy '

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Harley spent most of the morning helping Anabiel with skin care. It wasn't that an odd thing in slytherin, where any boy who cared for appearance would do facials and manicures on a regular basis. So on a day like the Yule ball ,even if they started doing makeup no one would be surprised.

Harley had finished brewing a potion for switching genders by last night in Myrtle's toilet .Now Harley had to go and fill a vial with the stuff even though Anabiel would only take it much later.

(She had asked Hermione for a spot where she could brew a potion without getting caught. Hermione told her of the location without a moment of thinking under a deal of I won't ask you questions if you don't ask me any)

On her way back to their common room, Harley looked out the windows and spotted Harry playing in the snow with the Weasleys when a sudden realization struck her. Pansy would ensure that Anabiel was gorgeous, but what of her stupid partner?

Harley thought of Ron Weasley who always wore robes too short. Shit. Why hadn't she thought of that before. Anabiel partner needed to look good too.

Fifteen minutes later she was striding through the snow with determination towards the Weasleys. Hermione was walking into the castle as she did. They waved to each other but didn't stop to talk.

"Weasley! "
Harley shouted and a whole lot of them turned to look at her. Harley sighed.

"The Weasley in my year" she clarified. Technically she could just call him Ron since she knew his name , but nah. That'd seem like she was close to him or something.

"What?! "
Ron shouted back. And a snowball hit him on the back of his head as he was distracted.
Harley walked closer, keeping an eye out for any stray snowball.