Consequences

Harley had called herself the Slytherin's heir in a moment utter madness. The news had spread like wildfire, which was not really something unexpected.

But what Harley did not expect was that even the teachers would believe it. Harley was called to the potion master's office the very next morning after she pulled her stunt.

Professor Snape looked solemn as if he was at a funeral.

"Miss Black, I believe you know why you are here "
"I know. Professor, I was just joking-"
"JOKING! DO YOU THINK THIS IS LAUGHING MATTER, POTTER"
Harley instinctively flinched back at the sudden outburst as well as the use of her real surname.

"I-I am sorry, sir but "
Snape regained his composure in a moment. He squeezed the top of the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"I know you are not the heir Miss Black, but this is not something I can control. The ministry is getting involved. "
"The ministry? "

"Harley what were you thinking when admitting to petrifying students? Especially when you carry the name of a murderer "
"Sirius is not a murderer "
Severus Snape pauses and blinks once, twice. This kid is not at all seeing the point.

Snape takes a deep breath. He really did not want to be the one to do this but considering how most of the staff actually believe that the girl is dangerous, he was really the only one up for this task.

"The minister of magic will come in the evening. "
"What should I expect ,professor? "

Snape was impressed, the girl looked calm even in such a situation .  It was rare to see a slytherin as good as the one before her. A perfect slytherin never showed the world the cracks in their armour. But this only made it harder for her. The more perfect she seems ,the less the chance of her getting off hook.

"I believe you might be expelled from school but that is about  the best option you might get. I don't think you want to know more details "

She shook her head.
"But I didn't really do anything, professor "
"I know that, it's not me you need to convince "
Harley Black get off the chair and walks off her footsteps as steady as always. Professor Snape watched the girl with a broken heart.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

The last thing Harley wanted to see was Draco Malfoy's stupid face. But he stopped her from getting back into the common room and she had no choice. It was way too early in the morning for this drama.

"I heard that you might be expelled? " Draco didn't look as if he were gloating.
"Happy? "Harley asked without emotion. Draco ignored her.

"Look my father is going to do all he can to stop this. He won't let the slytherins heir get kicked out that easily "

Harley for once didn't have a reply. She wanted to say she didn't care if she got expelled but it was not the truth . She also knew how much influence Lucius Malfoy had. If she revealed that she's not the heir, he probably won't help her. She was pretty sure she could do with all the help she could get.

Harley turned on her heels and walked away, leaving a slightly baffled Draco behind.

Harley did not know where to go. In the end she decided to go to Myrtle. Perhaps they can complain about shit together.
On her way she ran into Filch who glared at her hard enough to leave a hole in her head. This much hate really made her upset. She regretted her poor choice of words.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

"Ooh is this Visit Myrtle day? "
"What do you mean Myrtle? I didn't come of late because of all that was happening "

"You don't get anything at all do you? " Myrtle laughed. And Harley instinctively felt something was horribly wrong. Myrtle never laughed unless -something horrible is happening.

"What is it Myrtle? "
"Won't tell you "

"I'll set the monster on you, don't you know who I am? "
"You are not the heir. Harry Potter is going to catch the heir. In fact he's gone down just a moment ago "

Harley felt her heart sink. No. Just no.
"Where? "
Myrtle pointed towards the sink vaguely. Harley rushed to examine it. There was an image of a snake on one of the taps. Harley knew this was the entrance.
"He spoke strangely right be-"

Parseltongue. Right.
"open"
She knew she had spoken in parseltongue. The tap glowed with a brilliant white light and began to spin.
Next second, the sink began to move; the sink, in fact, sank, right out of sight, leaving a large pipe exposed, a pipe wide enough for a man to slide into.

Harley went in without a second thought .
Harley was glad that it was dark when she landed unceremoniously in heap .She was in a tunnel.
"Who's there? " a voice, called out with a slight tremble. It was a familiar voice.
Harley flicked her wand and the tip lit up. She have been getting better at non verbal magic.

"Harley Black " she said letting the light illuminate her. Ronald Weasley was looking at her with a mixture of fear and hatred just like everyone else. But he was also angry. Very angry.

"Where is my sister, you monster? "
"I suggest you don't attract the real monster with you shouts"

"You-" He picked up his wand from beside -Lockhart? What's that idiot doing down here? Harley swished her own wand and Ron's wand flew out of his hand.
He stared at her in horror.

"Give me a break, Weasley. I'm not the heir. I'm here to help "
"I'm not believing you "

"And I'm not going to ask you to do that. Just step back will you? "
"I'm not going to let you go after Harry "

"For God sake "Harley throws her hands up before pushing past Ron.

"Evanesco!" Harley shouts, no longer having the kind of concentration necessary for non verbal spells.
The pile of ruble simply vanishes.

Ron stares in part admiration and part wonder, forgetting to hate for a moment.
"What do we do about him? "
He points over his shoulder to the general direction where Lockhart lays.
Harley thinks for a moment before using a spell to tie Lockhart with vines.

Then they walk out together to look for their siblings