Rejection and Relief

Harley woke up the morning after the ball, pushing off Pansy who's one arm and leg were spread across her. Pansy fell to the floor with a dull thud . And then her screaming woke up the rest of the girls.

Harley ignored the shouts of the girl, pushed an accusing finger away from her , and went to wash up. She wondered why the hell had she not kicked Pansy out in the night. Then she remembered why.

Pansy had bored her ears off talking about how great Malfoy was, unlike a certain Potter. Harley was a good listener, yes, but listening about anything at two in the night, when you haven't had even a single cup of coffee, would undoubtedly put one to sleep.

In a word Harley had fell asleep as Pansy was glorifying Draco.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Harley had missed breakfast as Pansy stayed in the bathroom for an hour to payback for pushing her to floor first thing in the morning and then ignoring her.

It wouldn't have been a real problem normally, Harley didn't need much time to get ready. Only it wasn't a normal morning.
Harley was horrified to find that her short, manageable hair, that normally reached her shoulders were now almost up to the bottom of her ribs. Pansy had elongated it so that it could be put into a bun that elaborate .

That in itself might not sound that bad. Long hair is nice, isn't it? The answer from Harley is a big fat no. Because of one word. Tangles.
It was why Harley always cut her hair short. But now it was long and tangled and in a word a nightmare.

By the time Harley managed to tame the stupid thing into a simple high ponytail , everyone had returned from breakfast. She sighed and went down to the common room to find that someone had gotten her breakfast.

"Woke up late? "Blaise asked, handing her a bowl of oatmeal , a cup of coffee was sitting on the table besides all the parchment.

"Not really "Harley placed the bowl on the table and grabbed the coffee instead. "Was the first to wake up. Someone " Harley looked pointedly at Pansy  "decided that I didn't deserve breakfast. And thank you for deciding that I do deserve it "

"It's not breakfast that you don't deserve, it's friendship, you traitor! How dare you fall asleep when  I'm talking" Pansy scowled

"Perhaps. But the fates love me, so I get more than what I deserve. I suppose you were expecting me to say something about your greatness or some other cheesy shit now, but that's not gonna happen " Harley set her drained cup down and picked up the bowl of oatmeal .

Pansy shook her head and walked away muttering something that sounded very similar to 'stupid self absorbed blind girl' . Harley grinned.

"What exactly happened here now? " Blaise asked sitting on a beanbag facing her.
"Nothing. It's common with us"

"So, nothing serious ? "
"Not yet at least " Harley said with a sigh.

"By the way, Harley, what's up with your hair ?"
"Why? Can't I just grow it? "Harley was oddly feeling very defensive of her hair.
Blaise shrugged, knowing full well that this conversation wouldn't get him anywhere.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Blaise anxiously hovered around Harley after she finished her bowl of oatmeal and just curled up on the couch with a book in her hand.

He had wanted to ask Harley something for ages. Or to be more specific ask her out for ages. He was afraid of rejection but after last night he had a little bit of hope. And Theo was also of the opinion that he stood a chance.