Summer

The feast that night was amazing. But Harley could not enjoy it. Gideon sat opposite to her giving her the evil eye for running off and doing everything on her own.

The rest of slytherin looked at her as if she betrayed them. In a way she had. She talked to no one.
As walked out of the hall, Malfoy caught up to her.

"Why did you lie to me ? "
"Sorry. But I lied only to those hufflepuffs. "

"You didn't tell me, when I offered to help. That's as good as a lie"
"I needed help, Draco. I thought I'd be expelled. Would you have helped me if you knew I wasn't the heir? "

"Yes, I would have. "
Harley paused. She had not expected that answer.
"Well your father wouldn't have."

To that Malfoy had no reply. He just stood there as Harley walked away. But he knew well enough now that his father did nothing to help Harley. Because he knew that his father already knew who the heir was.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

"Look at the bitch who wanted to be the heir " Daphne Greengrass sneered.
Harley ignored the taunt. She knew this would happen.
"Oh for Merlin's sake ! You would have did that too, but you are too much trash for anyone to believe it "
Harley looked at Pansy, who was defending her.

Today is definitely a day of surprises.

"I meant it when I said I want to be friends with you " Pansy said as she sat beside Harley but not looking at her.
"And why is that? "

"I don't know. But we were cool in the start of last year right? So why should we fight? "
"You were the one who began it"

"You were the one who chocked me "
"Yeah, sorry about that "
Harley said but she was not sorry at all. And she she knew that Pansy knew that as well.

"So can we be friends? "
"You won't back of until I say yes, will you? "
"That's right "
"Then it's not like I have a choice"

"Great. We'll be best friends forever "
Millicent scowled. Pansy quickly corrected while pulling Millicent into a hug.
"I meant all three of us. Besties. How does that sound ?"

Harley and Millicent glanced at each others. It didn't sound good at all. But they nodded, not having any other peaceful option.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Gideon scowled as soon as he saw Harley. It was not that he was mad at her for not being the heir of for helping Potter, unlike most Slytherins . He was mad because she put herself in a position that made going in the chamber the only option available.

"Sorry. "
Harley said as she took a seat beside him.
"Why did you go down there "
"Would've been expelled otherwise "

"They told you to catch the heir or you will be expelled? " He asked in horror.
"No. "she shook her head as she explained the entire situation to him.

"I told you that you shouldn't have said something like that "
"Yeah. But even if I hadn't I would've gone into the chamber."

"What? Why? "
"Because...I'll tell you when we're alone "
Gideon not able to bear the suspense, dragged Harley out of the great hall and towards one of the empty classrooms.