The task

"Harry Potter must wake up, sir!"
"Stop poking me —"
"Dobby must poke Harry Potter, sir, he must wake up!"

Harry opened his eyes. He was still in the library. He sat up, straightening his glasses, blinking in the bright daylight. Harley, in a chair next to him, was stretching her arms and looking very grumpy at being woken up .

"Harry Potter needs to hurry!" squeaked Dobby. "The second task starts in twenty minutes, and Harry Potter—"
"Twenty minutes?" Harry croaked. "Twenty — twenty minutes?"

He looked down at his watch. Dobby was right. It was ten minutes past nine. A large, dead weight seemed to fall through Harry’s chest into his stomach.

"Hurry, Harry Potter!" squeaked Dobby, plucking at Harry's sleeve. "You is supposed to be down by the lake with the other champions, sir!"

"It's too late, Dobby," Harry said hopelessly. "I'm not doing the task, I don’t know how —"

“Harry Potter will do the task!" squeaked the elf. "Dobby knew Harry Potter had not found what he needs , so Dobby did it for him!"

"What?" said Harry. "But you don't know what the second task is —"
"Dobby knows, sir! Harry Potter has to go into the lake and find his Wheezy—"

"Find my what?"
"— and take his Wheezy back from the merpeople!"

"What's a Wheezy?"
"Your Wheezy, sir, your Wheezy - Wheezy who is giving Dobby his sweater!"
Dobby plucked at the shrunken maroon sweater he was now wearing over his shorts.

"What?" Harry gasped. "They've got . . . they've got Ron?"
"The thing Harry Potter will miss most, sir!” squeaked Dobby. "‘But past
an hour —’"

"— ‘the prospect's black,’" Harry recited, staring, horror-struck, at the elf.
"‘Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.’ Dobby — what've I got to do?"

"You has to eat this, sir!" squeaked the elf, and he put his hand in the pocket of his shorts and drew out a ball of what looked like slimy, grayish- green rat tails.

"Gillyweed!!" Harley exclaimed as soon as she saw the thing. Her eyes were sparkling with an excitement that  Harry had never seen in her before .

He looked at her in confusion. Harley waited for him to get excited like her but when he didn't ,she came over to him and shook him by the shoulder

"Harry *shake* it's gillyweed!!! *double-shake* The thing I told you about *another-shake* The ingredient that lets you breathe underwater, Remember? *uncountable-number-of-shakes*"

And Harry did remember. He looked at Dobby in awe. And Harley, whose hands were still gripping his shoulders, shook him yet again.
"Harry stop gawping!! The task!  You have to go, like right now"

"Right. Thanks . Both of you " Harry said as he took the ball of gillyweed. He felt in that moment that he had never felt so grateful or relieved ever before in his life.

As he started running out to the grounds ,he could hear Harley telling him that he was going to do great. And Harry, as nervous as he was, didn't doubt that.
Because he had to believe her words . For the sake of everyone who believed in him.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Harley had gotten to the stands very late. Not that it mattered much, there was literally nothing to see. Unlike her brother ,who had rushed out to the task without even brushing his teeth, Harley maintained proper personal hygiene.

Once on the grounds, she saw Pansy and Ana waving at her from the stands and quickly made her way towards them. To Harley's surprise Draco was with Pansy and Anabiel and was actually talking to Ana.
"Where were you?" Anabiel asked as soon as Harley was next to her
"I just ran a little late "

"Yeah that's pretty obvious but where were you? You weren't there when I woke up " Pansy asked, her arms akimbo
"Accidently fell asleep at the library so.. " Harley shrugged

"Right! Well Malfoy here was worried you know, kept asking us about you and —" Pansy gleefully while Ana was nodding enthusiastically.
"Stop with your misconceptions! I'm not worried about Black!!!" Draco said before turning away, but the girls could see that the tip of his ears were red.

Harley's lips started to quirk up but she stopped herself from smiling. Draco looked very much embarrassed and Pansy seemed to be enjoying it.
"So, update me. What all happened? " Harley asked because as entertaining as teasing Draco was she wanted to know if everything worked out for Harry.

"Nothing much. The task is under water, they have an hour to rescue something, Diggory and Veela girl got bubble heads, Krum got shark head and Golden boy ate something disgusting and grew gills. Now it's just waiting "

Pansy crossed her arms as she replied. Her answer lacked her usual enthusiasm. Usually she'd go on hours about even the simplest of things .Harley wondered what was wrong. But she didn't ask Pansy that.
Asking her won't do much good anyway. If anything it'd only irritate
her.

So Harley just waited, hoping that her brother will be the first to emerge from the water . Spoiler ;he wasn't. It was Diggory.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

"Do you see that Harley" A hand wrapped itself around her shoulder. Harley didn't have to look to recognise it's owner. Only one person had that drawling voice and the guts to put his hands on her shoulder.

She also knew that he used that particular tone when he (a)wanted something (b) was taunting someone (c) was being manipulative .But she also knew that (d) none of these are likely to work on her and (e) that he knew this fact himself.

"Draco I'm not blind, so yes I can see" For the record she was looking at the golden trio.

"Then you do realise that Potter does not care for you despite the fact that you were his partner for the ball? "
"Well duh. I —"

"Even though every other champion had their partner as their most important thing ?"
"Oh yeah let's just ignore Fluer and her sister. Not like she is a champion or anything "

"Not my point. But do you see that Potter doesn't care for you but for Weasley? "
And the thing is, Harley did see that. And it would be a lie to say that it didn't hurt her. Krum and Diggory didn't have siblings so it was understandable that their love interests were who they'd miss the most. But Harry did have a sibling - her.
But it seemed that if she were to suddenly disappear, he wouldn't mind at all. And that made upset. Because she did care for him. Even if he didn't. But she couldn't show that.

"Yes but—"
"Do you finally understand now, he doesn't like you.. "

"—but you are saying that Weasley is to Potter what Chang is to Diggory?"
"Yes!! Exactly "

"Draco , are you saying that Potter is gay for Weasley? "
Draco looked shocked, scandalised , even. He gaped like a fish out of water. Then his eyes sparkled.
"That is gonna work so much better than Potter stinks "

Despite herself, Harley laughed and Draco joined, earning curious looks from the non-slytherin students around them. To them Draco Malfoy didn't laugh unless to bully someone and Harley Black, well she didn't laugh at all.
But perhaps Ravenclaws didn't know everything.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Sorry for the delay my lovely peeps.
I was busy. Still am. Sorry if I don't reply to comments. I just came online today after the last update .
See u later
Love
Me