Lost

Never once had Harley felt so lost. No where to go. No idea what to do. Even when she lost Sirius back then she had formed a plan after crying for a couple of days. But now even after weeks of thinking, she had no idea.

Perhaps she should go back to Grimmauld's place? Clean up ?But she was quite certain that Sirius would never return there especially since the last time he did , a trap was laid for him. No, he won't return to Grimmauld's place.
And Harley had no place there without Sirius.

Walking through muggle London, her trunk shrunk and shoved in a pocket, Harley decided to love on the streets for now. She had more than enough supplies in her trunk and she could get some part time jobs . She had no wish to go to another orphanage.

Harley wondered what Sirius would do, if he ever get to know about this But he wouldn't know, would he? No he wouldn't unless she told him herself which she would never do. Besides its just a temporary arrangement. Two months maximum. Or less if Gideon comes to her rescue.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Twelve days had passed- yes she was keeping count- and she was yet to get a letter from Gideon. Harley had got her hopes up when she saw an owl coming towards her a couple of minutes ago. But just as soon as she got them high, her hope got lost again. The owl was snowy white -definitely not Gideon's , no, the owl belonged to none other than her beloved twin Harry Potter.

He certainly wouldn't be offering her accommodations, but nevertheless she was happy to see him take the initiative to communicate.

Dear Harley,
How are your holidays? Hope you are having more fun than me because holidays with Dursleys are terrible. My only source of enjoyment is watching Dudley on his diet. He's our cousin by the way. I don't think you would like to meet him. He's about as big as baby whale and got a temper as big him.

Have you got any information about Sirius? I would have wrote to him, but I'm not sure if I should.
Would you be coming to the Quidditch World Cup? I'm hoping to go with the Weasleys. If you do, we can hang out together. Hermione for one aches to be your friend. She liked you even when the rest of us hated you, you know .

Harley sighed she had no idea about Sirius's welfare. And as for the World Cup.. She had no idea about it either. Why doesn't Gideon write anything at all? Maybe because he doesn't know the extent of her desperation. She continued reading the letter

Do you know  anything about cursed scars? Asking only because you seemed to know a lot outside textbooks.
Try to keep in touch.

~Harry

Harley folded the letter and kept it inside the pocket of her grey denim shirt. She would give him a reply later, once the sunset and Edgar came back to her. Her quill and parchment rolls were inside her shrunken trunk and it would be impossible to get them out now.

Harley had been in an alley when Harry's owl came. She sent the owl back and got back on her way to job hunting. She had gotten exactly one part-time job ,at a pizza place, but it certainly was not enough. Especially since she needed new clothes.

Just as she stepped out of the alley, she stumbled backwards, or more like someone pulled her back. Another person stepped in front of her, while the one who pulled her, kept his hold on her shirt.