Dementors

The cat, Crookshanks was spitting and snarling on the bed; the hair on his back was standing up at the sight of the man who stood before them.

Pettigrew was a very short man, perhaps as tall as Harley . His thin, colorless hair was unkempt and there was a large bald patch on top. He had the shrunken appearance of a plump man who has lost a lot of weight in a short time.  Something of the rat lingered around his pointed nose and his very small, watery eyes.He looked around at them all, his breathing fast and shallow.

Harley did not add a word to the heated debate going on between them. Even Hermione was butting in opinions and asking questions. But to Harley this was all unnecessary.

She knew most of the stuff they talked. The only piece of news for her was how Sirius escaped from Azkaban. Harley had never asked him the question. Didn't see the point in making him recount, when she trusted him with her entire being.

Professor Snape had stopped struggling and was watching the drama unfold just like her. Harley undid the cords quietly, so that none of the others saw it. Snape for his part went along with her.
Unlike the rest of the people in the room, Harley trusted professor Snape with most things. But she didn't want to openly show that to Sirius. Knowing him, he'd take it as an insult.

Finally Harry Potter was convinced. To Harley it didn't matter much. Whether he did or did not, to actually prove the truth in Sirius's words they'd either have to extract his memories and check it or use a truth serum. The later should be easy, that is if the potion master forgave her for her audacity to bind him.

Harley watched Pettigrew beg everyone present. It was so disgusting (how good it would have been if her potion nullified repulsion but no that would have been too easy and Gods forbid Harley having anything easy) that she wanted to avert her eyes. But she didn't because she had to be on guard. Just incase he tried to run.

Peter Pettigrew fell at her feet and Harley disgusted to the core yet unable to back off (as Snape was laying just behind ) kicked at him out of reflex. He left her and started begging Harry. Good riddance! 

Harry watched Snape ,watch Pettigrew. Professor Snape had a look that was a mixture shock and curiosity. Finally Pettigrew admitted his sins. Harley felt like puking when she heard him defend himself.

Snape, caring no more to hide the fact that he was free, got up and stood near her. Not that anyone noticed. With Harry being noble and sparing Peter's life, they all had their attention on him and the man crawling at his feet.
Harley was not noble. She would have killed Peter if not for the fact that he could be useful to prove Sirius's innocence.

Only when they had bound Pettigrew did they notice that another person who was supposed to be bound was standing in the shadows, wand ready. Sirius's eyes widened as he realised what Harley had done. He looked betrayed. Harley looked down, unable to bear his gaze .Even though she knew she did nothing wrong, she felt guilty .

"That was certainly entertaining. " Snape said as everyone looked at him. Harley felt grateful for him to drag the attention away from her.

Sirius raised his wand- her wand to be precise. And Snape raised his own without hesitation. And Harley jumped  right in between the two with an internal sigh. These two were adults they should know better than to fight now. But apparently they didn't.

"Sirius, Professor, please no. We could perhaps arrange a duel for you after we are done with this " Harley gestured to Pettigrew . "Can we call a truce for now? "

"Harley you are defending him? Snivellius? " Sirius roared at her, the same way he did with Pettigrew.

The tone of his voice hurt her, the tone which somehow suggested that she was like Pettigrew ,when she would rather be tortured to death than be like him. But her face did not show her inner feelings.