Yule Ball (part 2)

"Shall we dance ?" Harley asked .Harry could see that she was irritated.
Well anyone would be after talking to Percy for that long. Harry was sure that it was perhaps the first time anyone ever managed to talk so long to him without showing a sign of boredom. It didn't mean that Percy was any less boring, Harry's sister was just an awesome actress.

Harry walked with her to the dance floor, avoiding any eyes. But it was hard since many eyes were on them. Harley took one of his hands in hers while asking him to keep his other on her waist, then she held his shoulder with her other hand.

As they started dancing Harry couldn't help but notice that Harley was considerably taller than him. Even more taller than the last time he checked.
"I'm wearing heels" She said as if she read his mind.
Harry was impressed. These girls definitely had some special talent walking on these totem poles, meanwhile here he was tripping on his own dress robes.

Harley guided him through the first dance successfully without him tripping or doing anything embarrassing. Then he asked if they should just get some drinks and Harley didn't protest.
Greatest dance partner he could hope for.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Ron had not intended to dance at first but when Anabiel asked if they could dance with those huge brown eyes of her's sparkling, he couldn't say no.

As they danced, he stepped on her feet multiple times but she just smiled and waved away his apologies. Perhaps Ron could have danced a little better if his eyes weren't on Hermione who was dancing with Krum.

Anabiel had noticed and suggested that they could stop dancing if he didn't want to dance with her. Ron could see that she was upset but figured that him stepping on her feet through another dance while glancing at Hermione not so discreetly, wouldn't help with the girl's mood.

Thankfully Harley and Harry also stopped dancing after the first item. Now he could sulk with his friend.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Harley noticed that Anabiel was not very happy. They sat together and watched others dance until another song ended and Hermione came up to them. And Harley got a little idea on how to cheer up her friend.

Ron was giving Hermione a withering look. “Viktor?” he said. “Hasn’t he asked you to call him Vicky yet?”
Hermione looked at him in surprise. “What’s up with you?” she said.

“If you don’t know,” said Ron scathingly, “I’m not going to tell you.”
Hermione stared at him, then at Harry, who shrugged.

“Ron, what — ?”
“He’s from Durmstrang!” spat Ron. “He’s competing against Harry!
Against Hogwarts! You — you’re —”

“You're coming with me Hermione ” Harley said, butting into the possible squabble and dragging Hermione away.

“What's wrong with him? ” Hermione asked looking confused
“Oh nothing but a case of jealousy ” Harley said before adding at Hermione's puzzled look “He's been looking at you all this time the same way Harry looked at Cho Chang ”

“Oh, please! He only realised that I'm a girl a couple of days ago”
“If you say so” Harley shrugged

“Actually I wanted to ask a favor ”
“Okay... ”
“Can you get Victor Krum to dance with my friend? Just one song would be fine. She's a great fan and... ”